Sims keep freezing

by marmar427

Original Post

Sims keep freezing

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for around five minutes and eventually your sims will freeze in what they are doing. Time will seem like it keeps moving, but you cannot click off the current Sim or do anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything freezes. The clock keeps moving but all sims are frozen. Reset Sim/Object does not work. Tasks are not completed (ie. my sim was reading the logic book, another was fixing the sink, one was on the way to school - everyone froze and nothing kept moving in progress).
What do you expect to see? Sims to continue moving, complete tasks, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Yesterday my game played fine (no crashes, freezing, etc.) and after installing the update tonight, this happens every time I open the game.

Please let me know if a save file or screenshots is needed.

Message 1 of 3 (388 Views)

Re: Sims keep freezing

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m having this exact same issue. I’ve never used mods and only have University, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, and City Living. I started experiencing this about 5 hours before the November and 17th update, which is kinda odd due to the fact that I was experiencing no bugs before then, whilst other simmers were.

Message 2 of 3 (346 Views)

Re: Sims keep freezing

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah got the same issue here... and it never happened before. They just all stop in the household and freeze. Yet time moves on. I dont have any mods or nothing. 

Message 3 of 3 (335 Views)