Sims just stands there!

by isabelleangelina

Original Post

Sims just stands there!

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but star wars and vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just play it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm having some serious issues with sims just standing there for hours! they take hours to do what is qued. It's starting to be unbearable and extremely annoying as it affect gameplay that much. I know several people have this problem as well. I get it without mod and cc as well, so that's not the problem. Washing machine and dryer is also pretty broken, animation is weird and the machines "breaks", all the option is greyed out. clothes are still wet after been dried, I have to delete everything and it happens over and over and over AND OVER. honestly, when are you gonna fix this, I'm going insane soon with this game.
What do you expect to see? They should do what they are told, and not just stand there for half the day, sometimes it's even the WHOLE DAY and their need just gets lower without doing anything about it, until they just pass out, THAT should not happend, should it? it's getting worse and worse,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See above. This has gotten worse and worse with time and updates, not really a specific time.It's 70% unplayable at this point.

Message 1 of 4 (630 Views)

Re: Sims just stands there!

★ Novice

My problem started after the scared emotion update 

Message 2 of 4 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@isabelleangelinaWhen I bring 20 - 30 sims to one spot, this happens from time to time. I find it's more related to your P.C hardware. The older the comp, the harder it is for Sims to run. When I notice it happening, I just pause the game or go into build mode for a bit. It allows the program to catch up.

For a better understanding, we will take 3 sims and call them Bob, Vern and Julie. Lets say you tell Julie to talk to Bob. Bob is on the swing set with Vern. Unless you cancel the swinging, Julie will just continue to stare into space and wait until Bob and Vern are done their command.

Now let's add more sims. Jim and Peter. Jim already has a command to talk to Bob and is waiting his turn to complete his command pushing Julies command back even further. Peter also has a command to talk to Bob.

So until all those commands get pushed through .... Julie is just going to stand around doing nothing. Sometimes the game will cancel Julies command because Bob is just too busy. 

Add more Sims to the equation all trying to do something and the system just gets bugged out. Eventually, the game throws everyone into debug. you can see when the PC / game just give up because all the sims on the lot will go into (I can't think of the technical name for the pose right now so I will just call it standing starfish) A full debug command goes through and everything gets refreshed cancelling all commands. 

You can manually debug a sim by shift clicking them or you need to shift click debug the object your trying to interact with. It should reset and get your sims on their way. Or, wait until your P.C catches up. But again, timing will be very much influenced by your P.C hardware.

One mod I will recommend, is the forum approved MCC. Go into settings and cut the population in zone down to a number that will ease up resources on your comp. I think default is 20. Try 10 and see if that helps. Also, custom CC with high pixel counts will hurt P.C performance as well.

Last, if you were running a heavily modded game prior, you may want to keep those mods out and do a repair on your game files. I was using some sort of life mod... I can't remember the name, but when I removed the mod, it seem to have left a bunch of holes in my sims coding. When I tried to play, those sims were bugging out badly and prompting errors. I ended up having to do a repair on the game. Started a fresh instance of sims 4 and restored those sims via dropping them from my library. After that, they stopped bugging out. 

Message 3 of 4 (582 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

-I only played with one sim, no sims nearby
-horrible in apartments, better in houses
-I have a high end gaming computer
-I've played with both cc/mods and without, it's actually better with my mods in than out.

Message 4 of 4 (522 Views)