by Jasmines1616

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims icon greyed out after coming back from work and can't control them

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dogs and cats and snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The sim will go to work and the come back home, their icon will still be greyed out and have the work icons.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot click on them, their icon is still greyed out. You cannot open their inventory. I tried to research what's happening and people said to try to leave early or exit out of the game and come back. Clicking leave early doesn't do anything. Sometimes exiting out and coming back will work but I can't fo that every time they go to work. When I do exit and come back their greyed out icon is fixed but its says they have the day off the next day for work. When my toddler goes to preschool the same thing happens. This makes me not want to play the game. I tried to backup my files and delete the game then redownload it. I tried repairing it and nothing works.
What do you expect to see? My sim going to work and coming back at the correct time. Them getting payed for their work and showing that they finished and is at home. They're icon not greyed out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't have any pictures but I can't play the game when this happens. 

Message 1 of 3 (481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims icon greyed out after coming back from work and can't control them

Hero
@Jasmines1616 Does it happen to all your Sims or just in certain situations ?

If it's all Sims it's usually a mod still being active.

Currently there's issues with meaningful stories and sol. Make sure to delete the localthumbcache file after removing them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (452 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Jasmines1616 Does it happen to all your Sims or just in certain situations ?

If it's all Sims it's usually a mod still being active.

Currently there's issues with meaningful stories and sol. Make sure to delete the localthumbcache file after removing them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is happening to all sims. I will try that thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (443 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help