Re: [DHD] No Interior Design Interaction Options

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims have very limited interactions on computer/other Sims/...

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Tiny Home Living, Dream Home Decorator
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a first design client's home and try to click on the client to find the interior decorator options
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot see any interior decorator options only the regular interaction options "get to know / discuss interests / joke about martians / etc)
What do you expect to see? I expect to see an Interior Decorator Options so I can learn clients preferences and start the gig
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried canceling the gig and getting a new gig, unfortunately it was the same family so I'm unable to reintroduce myself and try again. I'm new to playing Sims4 (26 hours total) and I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, added game version, adjusted title.

Message 1 of 8 (934 Views)

Hero
@HappyHermitGirl Did you wait until you get the time of the gig and the pop-up or just go there when you got the gig ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (891 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Crin, 

I'm not even sure how I would go about doing it on my own since I don't know the family and couldn't tell you how to find their house. I wait until my Sim gets the "it's time for work, do you want to go with your sim or send sim alone?" pop up and I click "go with sim". 

Message 3 of 8 (867 Views)

Hero
@HappyHermitGirl Could you test with another Sim to see if it happens for them too (to find out if it's isolated to a certain Sim or a general issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrict 

I was able to do some more testing. I tried it with a different sim in another household in the same neighborhood and had the same result. I then tried it in a new game with a new sim and it did seem to act more like I expected, I was able to complete the gig (although I didn't get paid because they hated my design, ha!). So maybe that single game is corrupted or something? 

Message 5 of 8 (831 Views)

Hero
@HappyHermitGirl Would you mind sending me your save that has issues ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (821 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Sent!
Message 7 of 8 (813 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HappyHermitGirl I checked your save and there's def something broken about that it. There's a lot of interactions missing. Yours are very limited for some odd reason.

Since it's not limited to any Sim, it's probably not a Sim trait thing but something else going on.

I'll pass on this save to EA.

To be absolutely sure: You haven't added any mods to that save which you have later removed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (788 Views)