Re: Sims have 'teleport' behavior (non occult)

by matthew1112

Original Post

Sims have 'teleport' behavior (non occult)

★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the kits, Batuu, Vampires, Pets stuff, Paranormal, Kids room, Bowling, and no spooky stuff pack either.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Observe sims movements around platforms
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim 'teleports' to another area (and back again).
What do you expect to see? Bugs fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started seeing this after SE patch release

The sim 'teleports' to another area (and back again). Standing in one area, or going somewhere (after standing). Have also seen this on beds that are on or around) platforms, where the sim seems to glitch across a bed (if the bed is next to the wall) as well as on stairs (sim suddenly teleports up the stairs and then down). All instances are the same glitch/'teleport', and all (I have noticed) are near to platforms (beside, or above/below a platform). I have seen this bug/glitch on numerous other players (as well as 'GameChangers') videos.

I have tested this extensively (with and without mods as well), and have gone so far as to remove packs that I think could have the glitch in (aka: RoM). The glitch is still present, even after removing RoM and Eco Lifestyle (which I also suspected, due to the overwhelming amount of bugs in those packs). Sim is not occult. Happens in all different saves (new, or old). Always delete my localthumbcache package file (every game). Other steps taken include repair on Origin, etc.

Message 1 of 5 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@InfiniteVerveIf the sim has high wellness skills they can teleport too, I can't remember the name of the pack, but some of the teleport of sims at end location before they walk may be broken codes between the path end.  Edit: or a graphic card error.

Message 2 of 5 (738 Views)

★ Expert
@Sid1701d9 The pack (that the wellness skill comes from) is Spa Day, and that's not where the teleport/jump behavior is coming from either. It's not my computer (hardware and software are all good). It's a bug (and seen on a few other people's LP's on YT- people with high-end gaming comps, and are well-known YTers).
Message 3 of 5 (719 Views)

★ Expert

Since the patch yesterday this issue has gotten even worse (sim teleporting from across one part of an area/map to another).

Message 4 of 5 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

In my game i witnessed vlad do it as well as other non occult sims. however for me i have to agree with the title 99.9% its none occult sims.

Message 5 of 5 (511 Views)