Sims getting set on fire by toilet without compost upgrade.

by Hiroko-sama

Original Post

Sims getting set on fire by toilet without compost upgrade.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (From Get To Work to Paranormal)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim use the toilet.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim (Male & Female) on fire WITHOUT the compost upgrade.
What do you expect to see? NOT to catch on fire WITHOUT the compost upgrade.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Once, twice, hilarious. But almost the entire time? Extremely annoying. I enjoy using the Eco Footprint. I don't enjoy my sims catching on fire when they shouldn't; especially when I don't use the eco-upgrade. I typically cheat to add Naturalist to keep them safe but that ruins the integrity of "realism" of it. It's bad enough that vanilla gameplay is too "perfect" in terms of lack of misfortune and otherwise drama. 

Message 1 of 5 (476 Views)

Re: Sims getting set on fire by toilet without compost upgrade.

Hero
@Hiroko-sama What toilet were you using ? Does that matter ? Have you tried replacing the toilet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (451 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It doesn't matter which ones. And I've tried replacing it several times. The weirdest thing about it all that it's a hit and miss between saves. Like with one family, it would happen all-of-the-time like here. With another, it only happens occasionally. With another, rarely.
Message 3 of 5 (429 Views)

Hero
@Hiroko-sama Never had that personally happen in my game so not sure what's going on there.

Do the lots this happen on have any special lot traits ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (423 Views)

Hero
@Hiroko-sama Does your lot have any special lot traits ? Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (313 Views)