Re: Sims freezing during tasks

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims freezing during tasks

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Cats and dogs Island living City living Get famous Discover university Get together Get to work Parenthood Vampires Dine out Spa day Outdoor retreat My first pet Laundry day Toddler Vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of my sims will randomly freeze when completing a task or stand in front of the object I've instructed them to use without using it.
What do you expect to see? My sims to complete the task without stopping or not starting it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. May have occurred from any update after the beginning of December 2020 as this is the first time I've played since then

Resetting/debugging the sims and the objects they are using doesn't work.

It does temporarily fix itself when I quit the game.

I do have custom mods etc but havent installed any in about a year so probably isn't anything to do with mods.

Message 1 of 4 (606 Views)

Hero
@Cloud2614 Please test without mods/cc. All reports in the bug forum must be tested on a vanilla game.

They get outdated with patches so it's important to remove them and delete the localthumbcache file, then try on a backup of your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just tried it without mods and it is still happening.

Message 3 of 4 (579 Views)

Hero
@Cloud2614 Have you tried clearing queues and pressing esc ?

Did you try a game repair yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (558 Views)