Sims freeze randomly, don't come back from odd jobs, time moves on.

by WritingBlissly

Original Post

Sims freeze randomly, don't come back from odd jobs, time moves on.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't really know, I guess go to an odd job and see if they come back. Other than that, I could send my save file if need be.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim freezes on lot or when away on an odd job. Time and the world moves on around her. Needs go down but don't turn red.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see her react to my choices, move to do them and to come back from odd jobs on time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When my sim is at her home lot or doing an odd job, she will freeze while the world moves on around her. For instance, I walked away from my screen to go make dinner while she was at an odd job on a Saturday, only to come back to see it was 1 pm on a Monday and her needs were all down to nothing but still green. I went to manage worlds and came back and she was in her house, the job was "successful" and she got paid. I have had to do this for every single odd job she does (which is how I am having her earn money from 0 bucks, so it's often) and occasionally even that doesn't work. I will come back into the household and she will be home and be paid for the job but she will be stuck where she is. Other than this, I have sometimes had occurences where I will want her to go dig something up or to collect a frog and she ends up frozen as well, nothing about odd jobs has happened. I know for a fact that it is not my CC or my Mods - I regularly comb through them to delete or update the outdated ones. I disabled them and tried to play my sim (who was now bald and basically in the nude) and it still happened.

I have another household on this same save and several other saves, and it happens to all of them (although I haven't tried each household and save without mods yet). It happens to my current one more often because she tends to go to rabbit holes more for the odd jobs.

Help. Please.

Message 1 of 1 (207 Views)