Re: The Sims Mobile Update - October 10th

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Sims don't walk since October 10th update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Is it me or is everything sped up and there’s no walking now it’s just tap to appear wherever you want? Or is it a bug? :-)

Message 1 of 8 (1,174 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @azzajk29,

Welcome to Answers HQ Standard smile

Do you mean when you press in the ground to make them 'go here'? Does it happen if you ask them to go far as well as if you ask them to move to a near point?

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 2 of 8 (1,110 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hi yes..there’s just no walking for the player character. Just tap and he appears at the point of tap instantly every time. No walking at all.
Message 3 of 8 (1,099 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks, @azzajk29. Seems your Sims are a bit lazy Wink , they should also walk

Could you share your player ID with us? You can learn how to find it here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Guide-How-to-find-your-player-ID-in-The-Sims-Mobile/td-p/6...

Thank you!

-Mai

Message 4 of 8 (1,058 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Player ID is 1003100932770

Recent issue is that when you tap on a task to do, he/she just appears at the object or desired place without walking. But other than that really enjoying the game :-) Aaron
Message 5 of 8 (1,046 Views)

EA app Team

That seems definitely related to them not walking when asked to 'Go here'. Thanks for the ID, @azzajk29, I'll send it to the team so they can investigate this.

Glad to read you are enjoying the game! :eahigh_file: Have you had the time to play for more than one generation already? Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (1,019 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I’ve not been able to get to the second generation as of yet but I’m getting there 😊😊
Message 7 of 8 (1,009 Views)

EA app Team

Take your time, @azzajk29, first generation is usually the one that takes more time as you are learning the game Standard smile And if you are a bit like me, then first generation of Sims are also the Sims you spend more time with. I don't know why, but I feel special affection for my first Sims of each family.

Regarding the walking topic - I've checked with the team and when using an object, it's normal your Sims teleport. However, they should walk if you tap in the floor on a near point. Would you mind trying if, having your Sim standing in a room, and tapping in the ground (not any object) in the same room, they still teleport instead of walking?

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 8 of 8 (998 Views)