by crinrict

Original Post

Sims do stuff own their own with autonomy turned off

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island Living. Kitchem stuff.Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When ever use the Autonmy
What happens when the bug occurs? Autonmy is turn off but sims automically do tasks with my instructing them
What do you expect to see? I expect wait for me to instruct them. I have taken orgin off all the sims 4 package off / insuring that all the contents off and reinstalling them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Autonmy bug as is a pain and from reading other users have raised this issue but this bug has not been fixed.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 6 (539 Views)

Re: AUTONMY BUG

[ Edited ]
Hero

@cutiemuscles If needs are low they will do tasks, that's intended.

What kinds of things are they doing ? Have you tried turning autonomy on, then save, then turn it back on again ?

Did you turn it off for everyone or just the active Sim ?

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (514 Views)

disable

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cool Kitchen, Backyard, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Discover University, City Living, Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turning Autonomy in gameplay to off
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not respond to the gameplay change. They still behave as they did with autonomy on full. Performing actions on their own
What do you expect to see? I expect to see sims not performing actions on there own. In the past turning autonomy to off worked and the sims stood around and waited for orders, however now they wander around and perform actions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven't played the game since September 2020 and did not encounter this problem prior to any updates in September. So the issue became apparent between September 2020 and presesnt

Issue I'm having are sims in my save not responding to autonomy being set to off. They still wander and perform actions as if autonomy was set to full. None of my sims had any prior actions that were still processing or waiting to be processed. I only have one save file so I can't test this on another. I have not played Sims 4 since September 2020 and did not have this issue at the time when last played. This issue became apparent sometime after September 2020 updates. There is a thread on Reddit about someone else having the same issue I am that was posted in October 2020

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/j9gzrb/autonomy_disable_isnt_working/

Message 3 of 6 (500 Views)

Re: disable

Hero
@elektropunch Have you tried a game repair ? They do still tend to their needs so that's normal.

Could you post a picture of your settings ? Did you try turning them on again, then save, then turn off ?

Please do just create a new save to test there as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (458 Views)

Re: Sims do stuff own their own with autonomy turned off

Hero
@cutiemuscles Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (461 Views)

Re: disable

Hero
@elektropunch Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (434 Views)