Re: Sims do not wear towel in community pools.

by ForestNinja0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims do not wear towel in community pools.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi guys!
I noticed that after the sims take a shower in the community pools they do not wear a towel. In the gym the sims wear a towel after a shower and must be wear in the locker room.
That would be a failure?

Message 1 of 5 (1,038 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

I do not know if this is a bug, an oversight or intended.

Really hard to tell. 

I'll see if I can find out anything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,116 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I do not know if this is a bug, an oversight or intended.

Really hard to tell. 

I'll see if I can find out anything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,117 Views)

★★ Guide

This is clearly intended since sims only change outfits when they interact with objects which were designated for the outfit type: swimwear for pools and hot tubs, sleepwear for bed, naked for shower, space suit for rockets, career for work [event], formal for lounges, party-wear for party events, etc. Sims will only change into a towel autonomously if they're interacting with the sauna objects and you'll see them walking around in towels if they haven't interacted with another object after leaving the sauna. You can change your sim into a towel using the "Color Block Locker" or "The One with Everything Locker", both of which can be found under Storage -> Misc, and they'll continue wearing the towel until they interact with another object which mandates changing of outfits.

There isn't any lot type which mandates wearing of towels.

Message 3 of 5 (963 Views)

Hero

But they do it on gyms. I don't see the difference between gyms and pools. Especially if you take the Windenburg one which is kinda both.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (954 Views)

★★ Guide

I'd support the argument as feedback regarding design however I don't see any reason for characters to change into a towel automatically at locations where every interaction will immediately result in them being forced to change into another outfit. Even at gyms, they change into everyday or athletic immediately after showering since a new activity is immediately selected at random and, obviously, every activity requires the athletic outfit. At the pool, they interact only with the pool unless you direct them so they'll immediately and always change into swimwear.

If someone wants them to wander in their towels they can use mods to disable autonomous swimming and add the spa lockers but the pool was intended to be a 'family' location and the game always spawns children when the lot is loaded. Alternatively you can create a gym with pools and place the gym equipment underground where they can't be seen or accessed.

Message 5 of 5 (932 Views)