Re: Multi-tasking while gardening not working

by Khevor

Original Post

Sims do not socialize while fishing

★ Guide

I do not know if this is a bug or feature change from sims3, but as far as I would think it's a bug. They multitask doing so many things now, it'd be a downright shame if they took out talking while two sims fish together...

Message 1 of 9 (1,032 Views)

Re: Sims do not socialize while fishing

Hero

But taking scares off the fish ..

Just kidding. Not sure either. I'll add

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Or gardening Frown 

This one is saddening. I used to have my married sims garden and fish together all the time and now I send them out to garden together, or one will go out to talk to the other, and the socialize action will get canceled because the other is gardening.

This is also a departure from sims 3. 

And yeah Standard smile I know I was going to mention something about scaring the fish away but... I spent far too much time fishing RL with my parents growing up... and there was much talking, and plenty of fish Standard smile 

Thanks for keeping track of these. Given how much time is spent doing these, I'd really hope they were both bugs.

ETA: Bah ok now she runs up and he talks to her while he is gardening. So apparently some of the socialization that they try to do under free will doesn't work, and some does? Chatting (generic chatting) is working. I think some of the 'new' more specific ones aren't. If I catch which one it is I'll post.

I wouldn't have added this if it wasn't the first time that I'd seen a fail on socialization during gardening. If I catch specifics I'll update.

Specifics: 
* Gossip is failing; they had been chatting, she picked gossip, it's queued but she's just standing around waiting to gossip now while he gardens.

Message 3 of 9 (1,019 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the extra details

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,005 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, gardening has the same issue.

Message 5 of 9 (989 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (985 Views)

Multi-tasking while gardening not working

★ Guide

When Sims are performing gardening interactions, they are unable to interact with other Sims or listen to the radio.  Other sims queue up interactions and follow them around waiting for a response.

Message 7 of 9 (975 Views)

Hero

@mysticalmaid Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (968 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this (although I realize this thread is old):

Any time my sim is gardening (at work or at home), random strangers keep trying to interact with him.  It never fails and even if I cancel it when it appears, the cancellation is ignored and the attempt to chat drops into the multi-task queue where I cancel it again to get rid of it (and eventually, get rid of the offending sim).

Message 9 of 9 (847 Views)