Re: Sims disappearing

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims disappearing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create sim/s, choose a place to live and once loaded in 1 or more sims in the household disappear from the bottom bar. The sims are still in game but not in the household and aren't able to be added back via cheats.
What happens when the bug occurs? I create a household, then lose 1 or more of my sims once loaded into the game. The sim stays in the game, but gets removed from the household (it even happens with a household of 1 sim, where the sim is removed leaving an empty bar at the bottom of my screen.). I am unable to add the sim back into the household via cheats.
What do you expect to see? Sims staying in the household once loaded in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am not sure if this started to happen after the most recent update, as I hadn't played the sims in a while. I updated the game, and when starting a new household I realised that something wasnt working right. I have tried multiple households with different amounts of sims, but they all malfunction in some way. A few minutes ago I created a 1 sim household, then lost the sim due to it being removed from the household and me being unable to add it back through cheats. Around a week ago I created a household with 5 sims, and 4 of them were removed. I did the same again and 2 were removed.

Message 1 of 4 (310 Views)

Hero
@ChimkenNooget At what point did you remove your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (293 Views)

Hero
@ChimkenNooget Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (234 Views)

Hero
@ChimkenNooget Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)