Re: Sims continue to eat despite full hunger

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims continue to eat despite full hunger

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Kids Room, Fitness, and Toddler. No Kits either.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave a Sim to idle while there is a fridge counter (Fridgidare Refrigerated Display) stocked with food on a residential lot. Happens more often with Children. I am unsure if this happens with regular fridges.
What happens when the bug occurs? The inactive Sims will automatically go to grab a serving of food even though their hunger bar is completely maxed out. Happens more often with Children, Teens, and Visitors.
What do you expect to see? Sims autonomously do something else, like playing/reading/cooking/cleaning etc, instead of trying to fill a need that doesn't need filling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This wasn't happening earlier in June, I have not changed my gameplay, this was happening with and without CC/mods, I can only imagine it's a new patch (from what I can see the 29th June?).

My sims have a bottomless pit for a stomach. If I leave a Sim to idle and do what they want, they seem to pick 'eat food' even when they shouldn't be. I've noticed this happens more with Children, Teens & Visitors, but does happen to everyone. I just watched a Child Sim grab a serving (5:01 am), eat it, sit for a while, then went to grab a second serving less than an hour later (5:49 am), despite her hunger bar being completely maxed out (pictured).

I just started my first 100 baby challenge and am unsure if this many kids will cause hiccups, I am currently at 28. I've noticed some pregnancy things get a little glitchy with this challenge and have seen other sims players having similar pregnancy problems too, but this food issue is new.

I do use mods/cc but I've tested with and without, and the problem is still there.

I tried the generic Google, to see if anyone else was having this problem but it's closely related to a fixed bug (food never finishes eating) so my search results were tainted.

I'm hoping someone has an answer to this, thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (985 Views)

Hero
@UvThe1st Are there any NAPs active in your neighborhood ?

Does it happen in several saves/households ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (944 Views)

Hero
@UvThe1st Tagging to see my questions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (902 Views)