Sims continue actions when the game is paused, even though nothing visible moves

by fiftyleven

Original Post

Sims continue actions when the game is paused, even though nothing visible moves

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All ep except island living, parenthood, patio stuff, holiday stuff, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a save for awhile and then pause the game. I was in Newcrest, don't know if it happens everywhere
What happens when the bug occurs? The game pauses but the Sims continue to do things. Their status will show changed (like a Sim that's clearly standing in the hallway being shown as asleep, and when you press play they then go to bed). Relationship change icons will flash above their heads before they've completed the action, etc.
What do you expect to see? Pausing the game should halt all actions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My SIm burned to death because of this. I paused the game to buy the household a thermostat and when I went to unpause the game I noticed there was a ghost outside and I couldn't find her. I couldn't interact with it either, I pressed play and then an hour later (sim time) the ghost did the burning to death animation. The Grim Reaper never appeared and so I was denied the ability to save her.

Message 1 of 5 (3,740 Views)

Re: Sims continue actions when the game is paused, even though nothing visible m

Hero
@fiftyleven There's currently this issue that can cause the pause button to not work as well: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Game-only-runs-in-3x-speed/td-p/8533657

Are you seeing this too ? Do you have a maid ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (3,708 Views)

Re: Sims continue actions when the game is paused, even though nothing visible m

★ Apprentice

No, I can use the other speed options and the game does visually stop and pause, just some effects happen that shouldn't if it were paused, like a sim turning into a ghost without having a death animation or getting relationship bar updates before they've actually said the interaction. I do not have a maid. I don't use 3 speed unless everyone is asleep or working because it seems to cause a lot of glitches, like the one someone posted about progress bars being full but not completing

Message 3 of 5 (3,677 Views)

Hero
@fiftyleven I think your time is just messed up as you have several time related issues. Something broke your timer.

I'll check your saves later today or tomorrow, depending on time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (3,655 Views)

Hero
@fiftyleven Not sure if you saw my PM but I wasn't able to replicate any of your issues with time. I do believe they all might be connected though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (3,590 Views)