[FIXED] [GRO] Teens change appearance (Related to loose tooth)

by furdypurple

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GRO] Teens change appearance (Related to loose tooth)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vast Majority. Not Batuu, many of the kits and three stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I aged a child sim up into a teen, went into cas to edit them, all was fine. Upon exiting cas, it was as if they had been entirely rerolled, and in some outfits they were entirely black, couldn't even see their nose.
What happens when the bug occurs? Weird appearance glitch, sim seems to change every time I exit cas, but only the one.
What do you expect to see? No weird change.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Growing Together.

These are two different times i have gone into cas and then exited.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, Added tag

Message 1 of 142 (10,506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Teens change appearance (Related to loose tooth)

Hero

A Teen Sims’ skin material will no longer become corrupted after the Loose Tooth buff expires. You get to decide how to corrupt your Sims, not loose teeth!

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 142 of 142 (3,720 Views)

All Replies

Re: black sims glitch

[ Edited ]
Hero

@furdypurple Did you have any custom skin tones that you removed from the game ?

Information about this bug:

This is caused by the tooth moodlet. If your Sim ages up while your Sim has the moodlet, the Sim will bug out.

Some more information can be found here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2023/03/sims-completely-change-their-appearance-clothing/ and here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Sims-change-appearance-Related-to-loose-tooth/m-p/123...

Please use this thread if you have this issue for children: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Child-s-appearance-changes-drastically-when-tooth-fal...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 142 (10,487 Views)

★ Apprentice

Custom skin tones isnt one of the cc cas items I use, the issue first occurred with my cc in, so I took it out thinking that was the problem but it is still happening

Message 3 of 142 (10,479 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I had made no changes when the problem first occurred, but thinking the cc might be the problem I exited without saving and took it all out and even turned off mods in the settings, reloaded and the problem remained the same
Message 4 of 142 (10,471 Views)

Hero
@furdypurple If your removing custom skins it can happen that you run into black Sims. Did you try reappliying a skin tone in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 142 (10,463 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict In the nicest way possible that is not the problem, her entire genetics has changes shes not just black, the clothes are also randomised as well
Message 6 of 142 (10,452 Views)

Hero
@furdypurple Did you at any point delete the localthumbcache file after removing cc/mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 142 (10,448 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict No, I will give that a try.
Message 8 of 142 (10,446 Views)

Hero
@furdypurple You might need to reload the save again, move the mods folder to the desktop, delete the file, then try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 142 (10,444 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Nope same problem still black, entirely new face, hair, clothes etc
Message 10 of 142 (10,437 Views)