Sims cant Homestyle Cook

by Shadowheart28

Original Post

Sims cant Homestyle Cook

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most current version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Living, Island Living, City Living, Get Famous, University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Outfoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask any sim to try and cook something using the oven or fridge. Baking and Gourmet cooking is fine but clicking on the Homestyle cooking menu does not bring up the recipe selector menu, Nothing happens. This is the same for the Custom Homestyle Cooking tab
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. Clicking on the Homestyle Cooking tab has no effect.
What do you expect to see? The recipe selector menu should appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have updated or removed any out of date or problematic CC. The issue is only for Homestyle Cooking and affects the EA and CC Homestyle Cooking menus, 

Message 1 of 4 (754 Views)

Re: Sims cant Homestyle Cook

Champion

@Shadowheart28 Hi!  Do you have any cooking mods?  It would be good to test the game without any mods / CC.  Maybe create a folder on your desktop and move your mods and CC there.  Then go into the This PC / Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder and delete the localthumbcache.package file. Open a new game and see if your sims are able to cook using the normal menu.  

If the game performs correctly without any mods / CC, then you'll need to test your mods / CC by adding a few at a time to see which ones might be causing the issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 4 (735 Views)

Hero
@Shadowheart28 Have you been able to solve this ? Did you test without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (698 Views)

Hero
@Shadowheart28 Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (674 Views)