by t00sa

Original Post

Sims can't nap in a bush +no bush animation

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. GPs: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. SPs: Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden. Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a household of two adult sims and a pet, and go to a lot. 2. Go to build mode, place any interactable bush on the lot. 3. Try all actions you can do with the bush (nap, fertilize, woohoo and command or wait for the pet to do something with the bush), compare results.
What happens when the bug occurs? This bug comes in two parts, at least for me: 1. A sim can't nap in a bush, the sim is complaining that something is blocking the way. 2. When a sim pees or a pet interacts with the bush, the bush doesn't do movement animation.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to nap in the bush. The bush should be moving, when you enter and exit the bush when doing the "Fertilize" action or when a pet interacts with the bush.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bug appeared after 24.8.2021 update.

• All seems to be normal when two sims woohoo in the bush; the bush moves and nothing is preventing the woohoo.
  • Pets can interact with the bush fine, but again, no movement in the bush.
  • Bug occurs no matter what bush I use.

I noticed this bug after the latest update, and the results are the same even with mods disabled.

Message 1 of 5 (1,869 Views)

Re: Sims can't nap in a bush +no bush animation

EA Staff

Hello @t00sa.,

Are you seeing the issue without mods/cc too?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 5 (1,829 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruRitzy wrote:

Hello @t00sa.,

Are you seeing the issue without mods/cc too?

Yes. I think I mentioned it in the post.

Message 3 of 5 (1,809 Views)

Hero
@t00sa There's a thread for the bush animation here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GT-JA-Napping-in-Bush-causes-routing-failure/td-p/10554611

Pet is probably related.

Might merge later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,765 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@t00saThere's a thread for the bush animation here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GT-JA-Napping-in-Bush-causes-routing-failure/td-p/10554611

Pet is probably related.

Might merge later.

Thanks Crin!

Message 5 of 5 (1,750 Views)