Sims can’t get married

by iizxlxcy

Original Post

Sims can’t get married

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know I just am not sure how my sims can’t get married. I’ve got everything but it isn’t working
What happens when the bug occurs? Both my sims have been engaged. I have got the arch and everything ready but when I start the wedding invites it says you must get engaged.
What do you expect to see? I hope that this can be fixed in anyway or if I’m doing anything wrong, what am I doing wrong?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims can’t get married 

Message 3 of 15 (1,741 Views)

Re: Can’t Get my sims married

Community Manager

@iizxlxcy

Have you used the phone? The phone can be used plan the event and invite your guests. When you've the event created and guests invited, the wedding should start immediately, spawning you in your chosen venue. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 1 of 15 (1,757 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna That’s the problem. I can’t invite- it won’t let me set up the wedding invite to people it says ‘you arnt engaged’ but my sims are!
Message 2 of 15 (1,753 Views)

Re: Sims can’t get married

Hero
@iizxlxcy Does eloping work or do you not have that option ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (1,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @iizxlxcy,

Can I ask, did one of the pair reject the engagement offer at the time?

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 15 (1,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict I don’t think I have that option.

@EA_Lanna Nope. It happened when I first had sims- around Christmas time. It wasn’t working so about a few weeks ago I made a new sim life (which is the sim life I’m currently on) and the male sim proposed to the female sim. - it said engaged but when I clicked the wedding invites it said you must get engaged first.

(CM: Posts merged after merging of threads)

Message 6 of 15 (1,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @iizxlxcy

I've merged your threads together on this to keep information together (some posts sharing the same info has been removed also). 

When you click on the relationships tab and open up the profile of the Sim that's engaged to yours what does it say?

Also, when you left click on the Sim you're getting engaged to, what options appears?

Could you upload a screenshot of what you can see for both of these please?

I've popped open my game and proposed to Rex to replicate the steps and to check out the options. I've added the same screenshots I'm looking from you under the spoiler tag . Please click on the spoiler tag to expand and view the screenshots. 

Spoiler

Relationship Profile after my Sim proposed:

Engaged Sims.PNG

After my Sim proposed to Rex, I then got the following options: 

engaged sim options.jpg

- EA_Lanna

Message 7 of 15 (1,658 Views)

★★ Novice
Spoiler

Hi yes I will tomorrow if that’s ok. These pictures I have sent I took a few days ago to show my cousin who is an expert at sims. She is so confused as well as me.

Message 8 of 15 (1,638 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@iizxlxcy It looks like your sims are already married in that second picture. They have both the engaged and married buffs on their bar. 

The Sims™ 4_20210403142553.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20210403142547_1.jpg

Message 9 of 15 (1,626 Views)

★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Sorry, the pictures should be the other way around but they never had the engagement wedding party.
Message 10 of 15 (1,602 Views)