by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [PS4/XB1] Sims don't do actions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure, the last One
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires Pets Parenting Get to work Cool stuff?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Queue for you sim to do things, it’ll bug out and he won’t do it, or stuck doing it forever, won’t get rid of that action and he won’t do anything else. Switching screens no longer works
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t do anything with that sim
What do you expect to see? Fulfilling action or canceling, or actually leveling up instead of being stuck on the skill level(but bar is completely full)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Will upload photos later, just SO done with this

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 61 (5,744 Views)

Re: Sims bug, can’t do anything

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JustAnotherKitt Does it happen for every single action you do or a specific one ?

With all your Sims or just a specific one ?

EDIT: For the skill indicator, see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Skill-gain-indicator-getting-stuck-over-a-sim/m-p/8595017... .. is that your issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 61 (5,665 Views)

★★★ Pro

Other people have also stated that this happens with all Sims on both PS4 and Xbox one but it doesn't happen to me so I can't duplicate the problem.

Message 3 of 61 (5,647 Views)

★★★ Novice

Al my sims do it, every 5-10 minutes or so. And the skill thing yes it does exactly that. I’m with ps4 though not pc. 
 It does do it for any action but not every time I do something, it’ll randomly bug out on an action (but not any specific ones) I can’t get him to cancel his action, and if I can he just stands there or he will get that action back and still not do anything 

Message 4 of 61 (5,618 Views)

Hero
@JustAnotherKitt Could you test a fresh save for testing purposes if they also get stuck.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 61 (5,581 Views)

Hero
@JustAnotherKitt Did you get a chance to test a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 61 (5,519 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m not sure what that means to be honest

Message 7 of 61 (5,513 Views)

Hero
@JustAnotherKitt Start a new save game and check if you have the same issue.

You don't need to delete the old one, just check if it's a general issue or related to your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 61 (5,493 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s with both my current saves and a new one 

Message 9 of 61 (5,440 Views)

Hero
@JustAnotherKitt and with all households ? Did you test one of the premade families in a fresh save or the same house ?

(this is just for the not doing actions as the skill thing is a known issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 61 (5,422 Views)