Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims at work come home on loading screen

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for werewolves, batuu, my wedding stories, strangerville + luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save while sims are at work, and then load the game onto your lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims return home even if workday is not over.
What do you expect to see? My sims to stay at work when I load onto the lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Today's patch (July 26th 2022)

This has never happened to me before, upon loading onto the lot any sims that were at work return as if the day is over even if they only worked 15 mins of in game time. I only use one mod for the club system so I can only assume that it started happening due to today's patch. I did test with mods disabled and it still happened. The only change I made since I last played was the patch from July 26th and I'm experiencing multiple other bugs as well :l

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 51 (6,007 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims at work come home on load

Hero

Sims will no longer return from work or school early on the day they change the color of their Phone Case.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

Coming home for work early is a symptom so if you still experience issues, please describe your circumstances in as many details as possible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (1,569 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

my teen sim did the same thing, load lot and she came home from school with homework and gotten excellent performance with an A. should do this more often on my other teens

Message 2 of 51 (5,970 Views)

Hero
@akasunanokitten There's several threads for this for several interactions. What were the Sims at home doing ?

Please do test without mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 51 (5,942 Views)

★ Guide

There were two sims at home in this instance, one was sitting down eating and one was watching tv. I did test without mods, but it still happened on loading onto the lot.

Message 4 of 51 (5,922 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This might be the same bug: for me, two of my sims were on another lot. First one goes to work, the second one then goes back to their home lot. After loading in to the home lot, the first one comes back from work after working like 15min and gets the salary just for that (so not for the full day). That was annoying.

Message 5 of 51 (5,901 Views)

Hero
@sansannasa Think there's another report for that specific scenario somewhere but I don't have the time to search for it atm.

@akasunanokitten Tested your scenario and couldn't duplicate. Do you have any club meetings going on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 51 (5,872 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. If my sims are not in the house lot, and they have school or work, they will finish as soon as screen loads. My teen started as B student now she is D.

No mods used. Happens to rabbit holes such as work and school. This started happening after the patch.

Message 7 of 51 (5,857 Views)

Hero
@gleicons22 Sounds different from OP.

Do you mean that you have the issue if the Sim that goes to work is on a different lot when work starts or that another household member is on a different lot and when you go home with that one, the Sims at work come home ?

Going to link a few threads since this turning into a collection

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Sims-leaves-class-early-on-travelling-to-anothe...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-DU-Sims-leaves-class-early-when-travelling-to-another-lot/... (ver ypossible that this now affects schools as well)
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ROM-Sims-with-familiar-return-from-work-early/td-p/11311701
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-GT-Sims-leave-work-early-after-loading-lot-Club-is-in-a...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-SV-S-Sims-leave-work-early-on-loading-screen-on/...

The problem with this is that it's a symptom so if it's a bit different, it should be kept different.

If none of the above fits yours, please create your own thread (I do think there's another but I can't find it currently)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 51 (5,843 Views)

★ Guide

I actually think that they are experiencing the same bug as me. The sims are coming home from work when I load the lot that my sims are on to start playing. All sims in my household are at home except for the ones working, and they come home as soon as the lot loads.

Message 9 of 51 (5,820 Views)

Hero
@akasunanokitten I thought all your Sims are on the lot, then you save the game, exit and reload ? I tested that and it was fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 51 (5,818 Views)