Sims/animals cannot use objects that aren't blocked

by tookland90

Original Post

Sims/animals cannot use objects that aren't blocked

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs and Seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, it's happening so frequently you should see it when playing the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Bug 1: Sims are unable to use existing objects. They will say that they are unable to get to an object when nothing is blocking the way. Bug 2: Cat is constantly asking for food and a clean litter box even when the food bowl is full and multiple clean litter boxes are available.
What do you expect to see? Bug 1: The Sim should be able to use the object in question since nothing is blocking their way. Bug 2: The cat should eat when it's hungry and use the litter box when it needs to go.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is really affecting my enjoyment of the game. Sometimes if I sell and repurchase the object that needs to be used it works, but half the time it doesn't.

Message 1 of 4 (507 Views)

Re: Sims/animals cannot use objects that aren't blocked

★★★ Newbie

I think this issue began when I started playing in the Goth family. Up until now, I have only played one family that I created. I haven't had any issues with bugs until I started playing the Goth family in their original house that comes with the game.

I think I have fixed the litter box/food issue in my original family. I browsed through some old posts and deleted the fireplace/used a different automatic feeder.

I am still having issues in the Goth family with them saying they can't get to certain objects (like the fridge) even though they aren't blocked and no one else is using them.

Message 2 of 4 (478 Views)

Hero
@tookland90 Did you change anything about the Goth House ? There's some known issues with the bathroom in the house but haven't heard of issues wit the fridge.

Could you also please edit your post to be about the Goth house only. Bug forum should be one thread per issue.

Few threads for litter box

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-CD-Pet-cats-can-t-use-the-litter-boxes/td-p/64283...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CD-Cats-are-unaware-of-Pet-Bowls-or-Litter-Boxes-on-the...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pets-won-t-eat-unless-they-re-told-to/td-p/6904830/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (443 Views)

Hero
@tookland90 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (411 Views)