Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims Won't Eat On Resisdential/Non-Residential Lots. No Timed Restaurant Invites

by thecharsims

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims Won't Eat On Resisdential/Non-Residential Lots. No Timed Restaurant Invites

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs except Vampires and Realm of Magic. I have tested this glitch without mods/cc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims eat a meal. Any meal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Played and unplayed sims won't eat. No matter whether you're on a residential lot or at a restaurant, especially at restaurants. Makes the dineout pack completely unplayable.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the whole game to work properly but more importantly, I expect for my sims and sims I invite out to not cancel meal interactions whether on the home lot, any other residential lot and on outings at the restaurant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think the patch that was "allegedly" suppose to fix the showers the first time is what caused the glitch and after the release of the 2nd patch that fixed the inability for sims to shower, there was still no fix for sims not eating fully.

Played and unplayed sims won't eat fully. No matter whether you're on a residential lot or at a restaurant, especially at restaurants. When invited out by other sims, there's no timer that shows up and when eating out at restaurants or on residential lots, my sims/other played sims/npc sims will not finish a meal. The interaction either gets canceled or they just stop the action completely. No other objectives are queued up for them afterwards.

Message 1 of 4 (155 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims Won't Eat On Resisdential/Non-Residential Lots. No Timed Restaurant Inv

Hero
@thecharsims There's a known issue if you eat and drink

Thread for restaurants: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DO-Sims-cancel-eating-in-restaurants/m-p/8091738
Thread for non-restaurants: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-Won-t-Finish-Meal-If-Finish-Drink-First/td-p/...

Does it work if you don't order a drink ?

Only thing they fixed was the NPCs not eating at restaurants (meaning not part of your group)

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (107 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims Won't Eat On Resisdential/Non-Residential Lots. No Timed Restaurant Inv

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI never ordered just a drink at restaurants but when my played sims are just drinking water or something, they will drink that in its entirety on their home lot. Also, what about the issue with no outing timer when sims are invited out?

Message 3 of 4 (71 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@thecharsims The drinking is the issue. If you just order food, they shouldn't stop

About the timer: Doesn't sound related. Do you own the restaurant ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (54 Views)