Re: Sims Won't Eat On Resisdential/Non-Residential Lots. No Timed Restaurant Inv

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims Won't Eat On Residential/Non-Residential Lots. No Timed Restaurant Invites

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs except Vampires and Realm of Magic. I have tested this glitch without mods/cc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims eat a meal. Any meal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Played and unplayed sims won't eat. No matter whether you're on a residential lot or at a restaurant, especially at restaurants. Makes the dineout pack completely unplayable.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the whole game to work properly but more importantly, I expect for my sims and sims I invite out to not cancel meal interactions whether on the home lot, any other residential lot and on outings at the restaurant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think the patch that was "allegedly" suppose to fix the showers the first time is what caused the glitch and after the release of the 2nd patch that fixed the inability for sims to shower, there was still no fix for sims not eating fully.

Played and unplayed sims won't eat fully. No matter whether you're on a residential lot or at a restaurant, especially at restaurants. When invited out by other sims, there's no timer that shows up and when eating out at restaurants or on residential lots, my sims/other played sims/npc sims will not finish a meal. The interaction either gets canceled or they just stop the action completely. No other objectives are queued up for them afterwards.

Message 1 of 16 (1,224 Views)

Re: Sims Won't Eat On Resisdential/Non-Residential Lots. No Timed Restaurant Inv

Hero
@thecharsims There's a known issue if you eat and drink

Thread for restaurants: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DO-Sims-cancel-eating-in-restaurants/m-p/8091738
Thread for non-restaurants: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-Won-t-Finish-Meal-If-Finish-Drink-First/td-p/...

Does it work if you don't order a drink ?

Only thing they fixed was the NPCs not eating at restaurants (meaning not part of your group)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrictI never ordered just a drink at restaurants but when my played sims are just drinking water or something, they will drink that in its entirety on their home lot. Also, what about the issue with no outing timer when sims are invited out?

Message 3 of 16 (1,138 Views)

Hero
@thecharsims The drinking is the issue. If you just order food, they shouldn't stop

About the timer: Doesn't sound related. Do you own the restaurant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,121 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict No. I don't own the restaurant. In one of the patches, it was said that this issue was fixed but it's not. I still have some instances when npc's my sims are out at a restaurant with, will stop eating or won't eat at all. Sometimes, there's just a delayed response time but restaurants are still broken. My issue was never about my sims not being able to drink. I mentioned that them and npc's would not eat. The timer is related bcus it's a part of an event when your sims are the ones who are invited to the restaurant and not the other way around. That is why I mentioned it. It's when an npc calls and asks you to go someplace, a timer is set for that moment but in this case, there's no timer at all.
Message 5 of 16 (1,065 Views)

Hero
@thecharsims They fixed NPCs not in your party not eating. The one I linked above is still open.

The problem is that they JUST drink but not eat if you order both a drink and food. If you order only food, it should work.

Which is the bug I linked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict
My current issue now, is that they won't finish eating and it glitches out. The food they eat makes them eat continuously and the food never leaves the plate and the circle queued is stuck in place, making them eat forever or drink forever. In my previous issue months back, drinks weren't the issue for me but now... drinks are an issue, as well as food, in regards to my current dilemma. Should I just create a new thread? This issue is similar to this thread but quite different. I have a vanilla save and a video recording of what's been happening. I can send you either one or both. I even tested cooking a meal and then putting it in the fridge and once I come back, the food has no spoiled timer. I'm not sure if that plays a huge part in it. Once my sim eats the food and the food never disappears from the plate, I cancel the interaction and have my sim eat again but that time, they won't pick up the plate or eat. The queued interaction doesn't happen and this is on a vanilla save.

Also, they ONLY fixed the npc's not eating who aren't out with my sim but left my sim and whoever is in their party, broken? I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

Message 7 of 16 (1,032 Views)

Hero
@thecharsims Sounds a bit like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SIM-won-t-stop-eating/td-p/9208403/jump-to/first-unread-messag... ?

Yes, there were two separate issues:

- NPCs Sims (outside your party) weren't pushed to eat their meals so they just never ate
- Active Sims and everyone in your party don't finish eating when they drink. Drinks stopped them from eating. This also happen on your own lot if you eat and drink at the same time

Can't say what the current status is, maybe it all shifted to something else.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (1,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict

The link you sent me, yes, that’s the exact same problem I’m having. I’ve tried throwing away the food and starting over and got the same result. I’ve play tested with cc and without cc. I do have the vanilla save still with the problem existing. If you would like me to send it, I can.

Also, yes, I did notice back when I did have my sims drink and eat at the same time, they would finish the drink first and then cancel the meal. With this current issue, I haven’t even gone to a restaurant yet to see if it matters if my Sims ability to eat fully is affected on them or not. I want to assume that it’s probably the case.

Message 9 of 16 (987 Views)

Hero
@thecharsims Sure, send along. Won't have time till tomorrow though to test

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (973 Views)