by brandied_plum

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Overheating in AC House

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not entirely sure, it seems rather random. But I would say to play a household during the summer season, with a thermostat installed and set to cooler. It seems to happen more during Heat Wave weather. It also seems to be more common when sitting near windows downstairs. So far it has happened to adult sims and teen sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims will be going about their day inside the house in normal Everyday outfits, and suddenly they'll pop up the "Overheating" moodlet, despite being inside and the air conditioner being on.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to be able to happily enjoy their air conditioned home without overheating.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the current family that I'm playing, it's the middle of summer and there have been several Heat Wave days recently. The two-story house has a thermostat installed, and it's currently set to cooler. I've started noticing that occasionally, one of the sims in the family (2 adults, 1 teen) will pop up the Overheating moodlet, despite being inside the air-conditioned house and wearing normal Everyday outfits. I don't always pay attention to all the family members' moodlets, so I'm not sure how often this is really happening, but the times I've noticed it for sure, the sim in question seems to be on the first floor of the house and near the windows. It seems to go away when they go upstairs, and sometimes (but not each time) when they change into their Warm Weather outfits. The house in question is Brook Bungalow in Willow Creek. So far with this family in this house, I haven't noticed any other outdoor-seasons-related moodlets while inside: they've never gotten the freezing moodlet while inside during the winter, for example, and it's never snowed or rained inside the house, so there isn't an issue with a missing roof piece or anything.

Message 1 of 5 (1,817 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Overheating in AC House

★★★★ Novice

I can't say for sure, but it seems to have gone away!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,691 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@brandied_plum There was a fix in today's update on the chilled moodlet.

Could you try if you still see it if you patch your game and try again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,743 Views)

Hero
@brandied_plum Did the latest patch help you with this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,707 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can't say for sure, but it seems to have gone away!

Message 4 of 5 (1,692 Views)

Hero
@brandied_plum That's good to hear. Marking this as fixed but feel free to come back if it's not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,681 Views)