Re: Sims Getting N.A.P Influence for N.A.Ps that aren't active

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims Getting N.A.P Influence for N.A.Ps that aren't active

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except Journey to Batuu, all stuff packs, no kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim live in a neighborhood and vote on some N.A.Ps, then move to another neighborhood.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are getting influence for doing N.A.P activities for the area they moved from, even though those same N.A.Ps are not active in the new neighborhood. For example, I had my sims move from Senbamachi to Wakaba. Senbamachi had the Rock Your Body (and Mind) and Self Sufficient N.A.Ps active when they moved. Even though only Self Sufficient has been voted into play in Wakaba, my sims are still getting influence for working out and showering. Not the worst bug ever but kind of weird.
What do you expect to see? Sims should only get influence for N.A.Ps active in their neighborhood.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed this bug after the most recent large patch (November 30th).

The details of the bug are listed in the questionnaire. Below is my save for testing purposes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kOxLU36bMfZHhxpO31Z3Zn73AvZP-ajp/view?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 9 (534 Views)

Hero
@Silver_Doe9453 Is this for your active Sims or NPCs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (510 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This would be my active sims, but I have also seen townie sims in all neighborhoods performing the activities for the first neighborhood I lived in (e.g. doing pushups, playing violin, whatever activities counted for the N.A.Ps in the first neighborhood).

Message 3 of 9 (484 Views)

Hero
@Silver_Doe9453 Your active sims shouldn't be doing NAPs at all unless you tell them too. Are you sure this isn't a legacy issue in your game ? When did you start this save ? Sounds like the commodities didn't get removed properly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (481 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This save is fairly new, I just started it about a week ago. I have autonomy turned off so my sims don't do anything autonomously, but I will see them getting influence for doing activities that otherwise shouldn't give influence. 

Message 5 of 9 (463 Views)

Hero
@Silver_Doe9453 Do you feel up to adding SimsInfo to your game and check on the hidden traits and commodities of the Sims that do it ? Check if they have anything related to the NAPs (especially the active Sims).

Also do you own any businesses in other Neighborhoods that might have those NAPs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (445 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I downloaded the mod and after checking my sim information it looks like my original two sims both have the trait_CivicPolicy_SkillBased_SelfCare hidden trait (screenshots below). Is that related to the Rock Your Body and Mind NAP? Also interestingly, their children do not have this hidden trait (they were born in the neighborhood they moved to) and they also don't get influence from fitness or showering. If I am reading it correctly, it seems maybe one of the hidden traits got stuck to the sim even when they moved to a new neighborhood. 

And to answer your question, no they do not own any businesses at this time. 

Screenshot (210).pngScreenshot (211).png

Message 7 of 9 (431 Views)

Hero
@Silver_Doe9453 Could you also check the commodities ? IIRC that's what makes the Sims do the interaction. The traits shouldn't be active either though when the NAP is not.

I think there was an open bug with that still if you switch households at a certain time but I need to check that tomorrow. Bit short on time today.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (411 Views)

Hero
@Silver_Doe9453 Found this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ECO-NAP-still-active-when-moving-to-another-world/td-p/1054276...

Sounds like yours ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (378 Views)