Sims Computers Missing Create Media Profile in Social Networking!

by claramj

Original Post

Sims Computers Missing Create Media Profile in Social Networking!

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all EP, SP, and GP's, and have no CC at all!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim try and create a social media profile on their PC, they will find that all that is there is Check Social Media Status! Even though I hadn't created a profile for my Sim! Its the same on the phones too!
What happens when the bug occurs? On the Sims computer since the last update, Dec 20th or maybe its from the Dec 18th one, since I had problems after that one first, when you go on the computer to create a social media profile for your Sim, all that is there under social networking is check social media states, even though I haven't created a profile yet! Its the same on the phone, all it there is the add to Simstagrame story, check social media timeline and plan a social event! Nothing else!
What do you expect to see? I expect that when I select my Sims computer and select Social networking to see create social media profile or something like that, I'm not sure I have the name right, but its something like that!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Well I am not sure if it was the Dec 18th patch or the recent Dec 20th one, but on the 18th I played my game a bit, but had to stop when my Sims wouldn't do anything anymore! But this problem wasn't happening at that time, because I was playing a new Sim and had her create a social media profile on her computer! But maybe it just didn't happen that time, I don't know! But its seem to have to do with one of them, since I never had that or the other problems before the Dec 18th patch!

Sims 4 Gitch.png

So as you can see Create Social Media Profile is missing, along with other things too, I believe!

Message 1 of 4 (14,073 Views)

Re: Sims Computers Missing Create Media Profile in Social Networking!

Hero
Does your Sim have Charisma 5 ? You can only create a profile if you're charisma 5 or in the career.

The timeline probably comes from the GF pack but I'm unsure if it's supposed to be there if you never added to your simstagram story in the first place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (14,005 Views)

★★ Guide
I think they might have removed it, since all sims can post story to simstragram through their phone if you have Get Famous Installed.

Prior to the latest patch, I was able to post to story and check timeline, but when I went on the computer I got the option to create a profile
Message 3 of 4 (13,969 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

There's also one more exception to the 5 Charisma Rule for the Social Media profile rule; namely, join the Social Media career path.

You can create a Social Media Profile immediately if you join that career path, regardless of Charisma.

- B

Message 4 of 4 (13,956 Views)