Sims Are Delaying or Extending Tasks

by TheFallenAngel95

Original Post

Sims Are Delaying or Extending Tasks

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the packs EXCEPT: The Star Wars pack, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Tiny Living, Fitness, Bowling Night, Kids Room, Perfect Patio, and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Commanding the Sim to do a task
What happens when the bug occurs? I tell my Sim(s) to do a certain task and they either stand in the spot (the task queued as if it was in action) without moving for hours in-game. I have to reset the Sim and make them do the task again. However, when they do the task, the task either shows it is complete and they are still doing it OR the task will "finish" and then restart itself and continue on this loop. I have tried repairing Origin, resetting my Sims (through cheats and shift + right-click), and starting a new save. I really don't want to uninstall the game because I have so many other developed saves. Even after five real time minutes, I had to reset them to make them move.
What do you expect to see? The Sim performs the task all the way through without a delay or doing that same task on loop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't had this issue happen with other saves until this one starting today (February 21, 2022). My friend installed the same Custom Content that I did and their game is running perfectly fine. I tried reading forums about these issues, but no one was seeming to have the same issue that I was. Also, whenever I exited the game and re-entered, the world time would reset a few hours behind (even though I saved multiple times and saved upon exiting). Sometimes, certain events repeat themselves too. I will cancel the Welcome Wagon, have to exit the game because the bug is starting up again, and upon reloading the save the Welcome Wagon starts again. Also after saving the game after declining the event so I could leave the game. 

Message 1 of 1 (204 Views)