Re: Sims Aging despite all aging disabled on rotation play

by simvasion

Original Post

Sims Aging despite all aging disabled on rotation play

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion: Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Island Living, Get to Work, University, Get Together, Cottage Living, Get Famous Game Packs: Spa day, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Spellcasters, Werewolves, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure Stuff packs Toddler stuff, Backyard, Bowling, Movie Night, Spooky, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do a rotational play from one house to another.
What happens when the bug occurs? The second house opened will automatically age everyone up.
What do you expect to see? Open second sim family no one auto ages.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after the growing Pains patch. It fixed going in and out of CAS without aging but now I can't do a rotational play or adopt a pet without the sims aging up.

Any sim adopted into a family, or just switch households autoages despite aging for other sims and played sims being turned off. Neighborhood stories are off. and cheats are also not working. Occult sims cheats and the cas.fulleditmode.

Message 1 of 6 (919 Views)

Champion
@MissMadd15 that's not happening to me, and I've been switching households every sim day as I take different families to high school to claim lockers.

Are you sure that your save wasn't affected like this before the Growing Pains hotfix? If you played and entered CAS even once between the High School Years pre-update when they added body hair and wants and fears, and the Growing Pains hotfix, and then saved, then every sim in your entire save would have had something like 50 days added to them (on long lifespan) or reversed aging (on short lifespan).

The hotfix would stop further damage to your sim's ages, but it's not going to reverse any changes that already happened.

Maybe you can fix it by going into CAS on the affected families from Manage Households, reversing them down to the previous life stage to reset their ages?
Message 2 of 6 (911 Views)

Hero
@MissMadd15 Does it happen every time you cycle back to the same family or only once for every family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (851 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the CAS bug I saw everyone else had after the High School never ends patch, where you enter CAS and go back to your sims aging up. I was fine if I didn't go to CAS, but this bug is different. I disabled all aging and have my game normally set to long life but my sims still aged. Up until yesterday, I had to reverse it in CAS but now it is not allowing me to age them down.

Message 4 of 6 (815 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It happens every cycle. I switch back and forth each sim week to everyone aging up. I'm playing two legacy families trying to combine them. 

Message 5 of 6 (814 Views)

Hero
@MissMadd15 Do you have a save from before E-Patch ?

To be sure, you never turned aging back on and I know you say that you don't use mods but I have to be sure: You don't use MCCC either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (771 Views)