Sims' Aging Skipping Days

by BlazeBard

Original Post

Sims' Aging Skipping Days

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University GPs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu SPs: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living Kits: None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game in Live Mode with aging on. When the ingame clock reaches midnight, check the Sims' age bars in the Simology panel. (Maybe continue checking the Sims' age bars for the rest of the night as well, just to be sure.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The number of days remaining until the Sim ages up skips a day. For example, a Toddler Sim who had 21 days left until aging up to Child now has 19 days left, or a Young Adult Sim who had 88 days left until aging up to Adult now has 86 days left. Also, the Household Calendar from Seasons shows the Sim's next birthday as being the day before what it was -- i.e. the Sim's next birthday was on the last Wednesday in Fall, and now it's on the last Tuesday in Fall.
What do you expect to see? The number of days remaining until Sims age up should proceed in the proper numeric order. Also, their next birthday on the Household Calendar in Seasons should remain on the same day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So far I've only seen this bug occur when Sim aging options are set to Long lifespan, but that could just be because because I usually play on Long lifespan.

Message 1 of 8 (1,361 Views)

Re: Sims' Aging Skipping Days

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Update: I didn't mention this before because I didn't know whether or not it was relevant, but this problem started shortly after I got a new computer and had the contents of the hard drive on my old computer transferred to the hard drive on the new computer. I hadn't played Sims much since I started having the issue because having my Sims age up more quickly than I wanted was annoying. Recently, I began to wonder if maybe the game being transferred from one hard drive to another triggered some kind of anti-piracy measure that caused my Sims to age up too quickly, and maybe the reason no one wants to help me is because anyone who read my original post thinks I'm a low-down thieving pirate. I backed up my saves, uninstalled The Sims 4, and reinstalled it from Origin because I thought that doing so might prove that the game was legit and remove any anti-piracy flags that may have been triggered in the game's code. Then I deleted the save that had the age-bar-day-skipping problem before and started over with a fresh new save, just in case that old save still had some kind of anti-piracy flag attached to it.

With the new save, I've been playing as a Young Adult Sim on Long lifespan. When I started the save, my Sim had 88 days left on his age bar. It's been 5 in-game days since then, and my Sim now has 80 days left on his age bar. So, there's still something wrong.

Message 2 of 8 (1,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

You are not alone, I had/have this issue since the patch who fixed the maid time bug and for me it strikes only if my sims are on another lot as the homelot. (My sim was a doctor and lost there per default 3-5 days) After that I disabled aging.

Short testing in park with two random sims(12 simhours with napping). I have this bug still and my two sims lost 3 days -> Long livespan, season 28 days, all packs.

I don’t think any think you are a pirate this bug is simple hard to detect, and I think must user play normal or with aging off (modded custom aging) I would recommend playing on normal, with aging off or a combo from both as workaround.

Message 3 of 8 (1,286 Views)

★ Guide

This sounds like it could be related with the birthday being switched in the calendar...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/How-can-I-keep-my-sims-from-being-sad-about-th... 

Message 4 of 8 (1,260 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hi @AppleBlossom3 

No, this are not the same problems.

Explanation: I create a Sim names John. John has 90 Days bevor he age up. I play John 1 day. John should now have 89 days left. If the Bug appears John lost 5 days within 1 day and now have 85 days left.

+ Its only for long lifespan, in this the player play normal lifespan who this bug never appears. The sim there don’t lost multiply days within 1 day.

Message 5 of 8 (1,242 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@daikoyuThanks. Personally, I haven't had any Sim lose more than 2 days at once so far, and for me this bug has mainly struck when Sims were on their home lots.

It's kind of unfortunate for me, because I do like playing on Long lifespan with 28-day seasons, especially when I'm playing the game in order to write a SimLit story. Maybe I'll switch to alternating between playing on Normal lifespan for one Sim week and aging off for the next Sim week as a workaround, at least until this bug is fixed, but I still find it irritating to have to jump through hoops in order to avoid an annoying bug.

Message 6 of 8 (1,206 Views)

Sims aging skipping days

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but kits. I have dust and blooming room kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play sims I guess, pref teen
What happens when the bug occurs? My teen is aging too quick for long life span, I thought i was going crazy but after checking each day, 1 day goes by and he ages 4 days instead.
What do you expect to see? Correct counter or an explanation like hes growing as a person too much and hes ages quicker maybe
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Teen aging 4 times the speed for no reason

Message 7 of 8 (1,135 Views)

★★★★ Novice

SOLUTION: After testing a few things on the same save i did a few things that corrected the issue. First I changed the aging to normal then applied then changed back to long lifespan and applied, then I placed a new teen which was exactly the same as the age fast teen and the new one is aging normally after two weeks. Restarting the game didn't work originally but who knows it might work for you. Good Luck Simming

Message 8 of 8 (1,074 Views)