[FIXED] [PS/XB] Game constantly crashing (Patch 1.69)

by rentsusama

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS/XB] Game constantly crashing (Patch 1.69)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Werewolf, realm of magic, seasons, get to work and vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game normally
What happens when the bug occurs? Crashes the game
What do you expect to see? Crash occur regardless of what I was doing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading patch 1.69

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, adjusted title, merged multiple threads with around +25 me toos

Message 55 of 375 (12,170 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] [PS/XB] Game constantly crashing (Patch 1.69)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all,

This issue should now be resolved with the release of today's title update 1.70.

Please fully close and update your Sims 4 game on console.

We appreciate all of the reports & your patience & understanding while we worked on getting this fix implemented.

Please create a new thread if you're still seeing this.

EACade

View in thread

Message 362 of 375 (5,684 Views)

All Replies

Xbox crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After the update, the game keeps crashing on my Xbox. I can't even play it for 3 min without it closing out Frown

Message 1 of 375 (11,282 Views)

Re: Crashing after university update Xbox 1

★★★★★ Newbie

the new update 01/31/23 is causing the same exact crash to happen to the ps4 version.

"

• [XB] If you crash when exiting the CAS/Build Mode/Travel/Save and Exit, your game won't load/save or crash randomly, Please read/do the troubleshooting linked and post there XB1"
Message 2 of 375 (11,268 Views)

Re: Crashing after university update Xbox 1

★★★★★ Newbie

there is also a glitch now in the game were my sim kids get phone calls from people saying other people that the parents knew died. (packs: cottage living, seasons, dream home decorator, parenthood) console: ps5 (ps4 version)

I've deleted autosave, uploaded family to library, ensured console is up to date, and shut down the ps5 completely to turn back on to similar issues.

Message 3 of 375 (11,260 Views)

Ps5 sims 4 crashing

★★★ Newbie

I have done an update on the sims 4 tonight in my ps5 and since this update the game crashes every other minute making it unplayable. I've tried removing and resinstalling the sims 4 and that hasn't worked. It happens when I am on my save or on the main menu. What can I do to fix this is was working fine before the patch

Message 4 of 375 (11,525 Views)

Update crashes my system

★★★★★ Apprentice

Today is 31 January just did the update and now my game on Consol is crashing. I ask my Sims to Woohoo and it crashes. I start my game and start playing after about 10 to 20 minutes. It crashes I have a 1 TB PlayStation 4 I only bought this system for the purposes of playing the Sims four there are no other games installed this console a capable video card it is not my system. It is your game. These updates need to be checked and tested before you roll them out every time there is an update. I have an issue with my game system. Sometimes it’ll clear itself up or sometimes I have to wait until you guys roll out a new update in order to get my game to work. This is embarrassing and it should be for you, I’ve owned every version of this game on every platform over the past 20 years. This Sims four has been the most upsetting and disappointing and sadly enough I have purchased everything this version of the Sims has to offer so sad. I spend my money this way, but this is a game that I love , I’ve been simming since 1999 fix this 

Message 5 of 375 (11,856 Views)

Game keeps kicking me out

★★★ Novice

I’m not sure if it’s because of todays update. But my game has kicked me back to my console home screen multiple times. I’ve attempted to reset my console to see if that was the issue. 

Message 6 of 375 (11,309 Views)

Game crashing after update sims4

★★★ Novice

Hi I’m not sure where to submit this, but I downloaded the 1.31.23 update today and have been playing for a few hours. I’ve noticed that it glitches out, the screen goes black, and it restarts the game and puts me back on the Home Screen. It’s happened about 4 times since I installed the update and it’s totally random when it does happen so I end up losing progress. Is anyone else dealing with this? Is it fixable?

Message 7 of 375 (11,868 Views)

Sims stuck on loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Redownloaded the sims 4 after awhile of not playing and now it’s stuck on loading screen, been fighting with it for about an hour now! And help????

Message 8 of 375 (11,293 Views)

Re: Game crashing after update sims4

★★★ Newbie

Yes, same issue. After the update on the 31/1/23, I only get to play a few minutes before it dashboards back to the home screen (I have had to play other games =[ ). I am using the Xbox Series X. Before the update, I had no issues at all. I have read on this forum to turn off the console and try it but this has not fix the issue.

Message 9 of 375 (11,826 Views)