Sims 4 high school years.

by cynsue64

Original Post

Sims 4 high school years.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1 90 358 1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every pack including the high school years installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play a sim in high school
What happens when the bug occurs? On Friday morning the homework disappears, when taking the exam, the exam my sim got a want to go play basketball, she left the class and then before I could send her back her exam also disappeared. I know that to get the homework book back you can order it from the store, but this didn't work, I ordered it and nothing showed up in my sims inventory.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to have the home work stay in their inventory unless working on it until they graduate. I also expect my sim to stay in class and finish the exam, or at the very least have the test stay until the end of class and not go missing off the table before I can get her to take it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the new patch for the Sims 4 highschool years as well as the game expansion.

The new pack, high school years, is unplayable.  I grew my sim up with excellent grades, now not only can she not do her homework but she didn't finish her exam and it also disappeared and she failed.   Her homework disappeared from her inventory on Friday morning, when I tried to purchase a new text book for her to do her home work, it never showed up in her inventory, she also was in an exam, got up to play basketball and when I tried to get her to go back to take her test the exam disappeared from her desk.  I will have to send her alone if I want her to have good grades.  Not what I wanted or expected in this pack, please fix it!   Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (3,979 Views)

Re: Sims 4 high school years.

Hero

Hi @cynsue64 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (3,929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar problem right now, ever since i installed high school years about a week or 2 after it first came out, none of my teen sims will do their homework, its still in the inventorys, but whenever i click on their hw books, my sim just resets and nothing happens. Does EA actually see these to sort out bugs and such or do i need to report it somehwere else? Ive never had to report a bug before, I dont play often enough/never had to report a bug before, I'm not too sure how this works. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Message 3 of 4 (1,076 Views)

Hero
@lucyxsims Are you using cc beds ? If so, please update those

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,070 Views)