by dolldrms1

Original Post

[GT] Club Leader doesn't change into club outfit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, discover University, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, jungle adventure, parenthood, spa day, nifty knitting, toddler, fitness, kids room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a club that has a uniform and make a club gathering
What happens when the bug occurs? To send you are playing as that is in charge of the club doesn't change into the club uniform
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to change into their club uniform
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever my sim starts a club meeting that she is in charge of she does not change into the club uniform

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 16 (2,539 Views)

Re: Sims 4 get together glitch

Hero
@girlwithserviced Do the others ? Do you get a lastException ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (2,501 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict  I don't think the active sim has to be the leader of the club for this issue to occur. I had a sim join Knights of the Hedge this morning while she was at the gym. When she got to the Von Haunt Estate, only one other club member showed up, the leader, but he did change into the club outfit. My active sim did not. I didn't get a lastException. Pic attached.

Play on PC in English with all contents released to date installed. Never used mods or cc.  Game version number 1.70.84.1020.

Message 3 of 16 (2,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dolldrms1 Problem is there's several issues with club outfits and I'm trying to find out which one.

Can you change outfits at all while in a club meeting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (2,467 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict  It would appear that this issue isn't consistent.  I went back in game and had her start a meeting the next day and this time she changed into the knight armor so I didn't try to change outfits.  I added a sim to the club the day after that before starting a meeting, without the sim being leader, since there was only her and Wolfgang showing up.  Don't know why Yuki doesn't seem to be appearing as I've now tried 3 different days at 3 different times.  I added the sim to also see if she changed into the club outfit the first time she attended a meeting, in case the issue was seen at only a first meeting attended by a sim.  All attending changed into the club outfits after arriving at the lot.

I'm out of play time at the moment but will have her take over the club when I play next to see if I can reproduce not changing.  I'll also try having a sim from a different household, when I rotate, join a club that has an outfit to see what happens.  Agreed that club outfits are a little glitchy.

Message 5 of 16 (2,452 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict   

Your question about changing outfits at all led to an interesting outcome. When my sim arrived at the meeting this time she didn't change into the armor. She was dressed in the hot weather outfit and I told her to change into her everyday. She spun into the armor but it was the armor that the leader wears. I didn't care but when I told her to play chess with him, she couldn't. He would come to the table, sit and then reset beside it, waving arm with thought bubble of himself in it, see attached pic. I ended up having her talk to him a bit, then ended the meeting. She did spin into the everyday outfit then and I sent her home.

It would appear that what a sim is wearing when they arrive at a club meeting determines whether or not they change into a club outfit. Earlier while playing in this save, I had started a club meeting in a different household where a club outfit is assigned and nobody changed into it. That sim was also wearing his hot weather outfit when I started the meeting and it looked like the other sims probably were too. I didn't try having that sim change clothes since I was going to test in the Knights of the Hedge club and wondered if I had done something wrong setting up the outfit. It was actually the first time I've tried that, lol.  After testing the next household, though, I'm wondering if it was the sims arriving in hot weather outfits.

In summary, the result from my game so far is that if the sim arrives in towel from the gym or the hot weather outfit, they won't change into the club outfit. I haven't tried all the outfit categories so don't know what others may or may not cause a sim not to change into a club outfit. Directing the sim to change into everyday triggered changing into the club outfit but glitching then ensued. I didn't get a lastException.

Message 6 of 16 (2,424 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 Did you test the cold weather outfit ? Does that do the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (2,405 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict   

I didn't have long this morning to further test but here are results so far: If active sim arrives at meeting in everyday, sim will change into club outfit. If active sim arrives in hot weather; cold weather; towel; formal or athletic, sim won't change into club outfit. No lastException file generated so far.

Those are the only outfit categories I had time to test. Because of time constraints, I didn't try to have the sim change again into everyday or even another category after arriving. I happened to think to look at the club panel when I sent her in athletic to see if she was pictured in the armor and it correctly shows her in athletic with other members in the club outift. I've attached a pic to show that.

All checking of outfits I've done has been only in the Knights of the Hedge club. I haven't rotated back to the household where I created an outfit to see if results hold true there as well.

I'm wondering if there is some design change to squelch the bug where they never changed into a club outfit, or, if we now have a variation of that bug.  I will continue playing around with this when I can play again later today.

Message 8 of 16 (2,388 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict  

Think I'm done fooling around with club outfits, lol. Bottom line for an active sim who isn't the club leader is that he/she will only spin into a club outfit if they arrive at the meeting in everyday. Anything else, no auto changing into club outfit. If all sims arrive in hot weather clothing, nobody will automatically change into the club outfit. You can direct your sim to change into everyday after arrival at a meeting and that should cause him/her to put on club outfit rather than the actual everyday outfit.

I can't say for sure whether or not anybody will change if all sims arrive in cold weather clothing. Since it is summer in my game, I tried to test that by having a sim create a club with a club outfit to meet at the Onsen. I thought they would all arrive there in cold weather clothing so I could see if anyone changed but no, only my sim arrived in cold weather outfit. The other members showed up in everyday and spun into club outfit. He was the leader of the club but I think him not changing was due to him arriving in cold weather clothing, not because he was leader. If I changed him to everyday after arrival he would spin into the club outfit not everyday.

BTW, a club outfit for the Onsen isn't such a good idea, if you're going to set using the hot tub activity. The club members shower in club clothing and enter the springs in club clothing. I won't be doing that again, unless I put them in club swimsuits. Standard smile  I also got a lastException file after holding 2 club meetings at the Onsen trying to get everyone to show up in cold weather clothing.  Probably due to using those club outfits there. Am attaching it.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 9 of 16 (2,352 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict  

I'm beginning to feel like I'm spamming this thread, sigh, but have update and 2 lastException files to attach.

Because of the LE attached to the last post, I changed the club meeting place from the Onsen to a cafe/ski lodge lot I have on what was the 50x50 empty lot on the mountain. All sims did arrive at the club meeting in cold weather clothing on that particular lot and no sim changed into club outfit. I found that if you leave the club in cold weather, or change the controlled sim into everday which causes controlled sim only, not other members, to wear club outfit the meeting will continue without an LE generating unless your sim performs an activity that usually requires a sim to change clothing.

The LE shown as ChangeEverydayClimb occurred when I had controlled sim change into everyday, which put on club outfit, and had him use the rock climbing machine on the lot. The other LE occurred when I left the whole club in cold weather clothing and my sim got into the hot tub. I had left hot tub as a meeting activity. He got into the hot tub wearing the cold weather clothing he arrived in. I found LE I named ColdWeatherHotTub after exiting the game.  Sorry, I neglected to take a screenshot of him in the hot tub.

I realize the mountain area of Mt. Komorebi has special weather conditions but was the only place I could get the club to meet with all sims wearing cold weather clothing since my game is in the Summer season. I would imagine it was felt that clubs meeting there would most likely be aimed at outdoor activities with sims left in cold weather clothing. Regardless, here are the 2 LEs obtained during gameplay with the club I set up with only indoor activities.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 10 of 16 (2,318 Views)