by vannkatten

Original Post

Sims 4 - families getting randomly deleted from game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I open my save file, all families in the world are present. While playing, several families are deleted from existence and cannot be found in household manager, as well as these houses not being able to move into furnished.
What do you expect to see? Families should not be deleted from the game or moved out of their houses when neighbourhood stories is turned off for move ins/outs and death.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have only noticed this happening after installing the High School patch

What happens when the bug occurs? When I open my save file, all families in the world are present. While playing, several families are deleted from existence and cannot be found in household manager, as well as these houses not being able to move into furnished.
What do you expect to see? Families should not be deleted from the game or moved out of their houses when neighbourhood stories is turned off for move ins/outs and death.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have only noticed this happening after installing the High School patch

Steps I have taken, which have not worked:

- Changed lifespan to normal to avoid the patch bugs

- Cleared out my mods folder

- Deleted localtumbcache and repaired the game

- Deactivated script mods in game

- Deactivated neighbourhood stories

- Copied the savefile and attempted to play in that one

- Put sims into played families to avoid them getting deleted (but I cannot do this with a full savefile)

To specify: when the culling started to appear I did have mods installed, and I updated all script mods following the High School Patch. But the bug still occurs after taking all the steps above, and I do not have any mods installed at this point, and I still experience my sims getting deleted.

The game is genuinely not playable or enjoyable at this time, as my savefile will get deleted in just a few in-game hours. At one point, while playing through 2-3 days in-game, I am guessing about 30 families had been deleted, and more as the hours passed by. 

1. When I open the game, and start to play, Newcrest looks like this:

When I first opened the game

2. After playing for just 4 in-game hours, Newcrest now looks like this, with 2 deleted families (occurs in every world, almost always the same sims):

After playing

3. Windenburg before:

before

4. Windenburg after (3 families deleted)

after

Message 1 of 2 (847 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - families getting randomly deleted from game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The issue also applies to all my other savefiles with families getting deleted without notice.

Barely played in-game since the neighborhood stories update, but have not seen this issue prior to, or after the update, during the time I have in fact been in-game.

I am also aware that theres a game performance process called culling, but I can't phantom why it would suddenly affect all my savefiles, when it has never been an issue before, and remove all housed households instead of random townies? 

Message 2 of 2 (806 Views)