Re: Sims 4 death by heat

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 death by heat

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? um...it happens unexpectedly
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims die
What do you expect to see? my sims tried to go see the first snow and died from heat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My whole family in sims game stepped outside to see the first snow of the winter and I got a notification for every sim that they were supposedly dying by ''heat?'' so I tried to teleport them back in the house but the action to ''die from heat' was already in their que thing so I couldn't cancel it I lost my whole household leaving the toddler to get adopted by someone else I've never experienced this before I didn't even get a second to save them as soon as I had got the notification they were already dying plus it was winter it was snowing and they live in windenburg that place never gets hot I couldn't even ask the grim reaper to save them cause they all died at once! this glitch has honestly made me super mad I worked hard on my family just for the whole family to die from ''heat'' in the middle of the * winter leaving the poor scared toddler just watching her family die one by one

Message 1 of 5 (1,014 Views)

Hero
@Courtneysimssss I know there's a thread about the opposite where you also posted but did you test this without mods installed ? What kind of mods are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (972 Views)

Hero
@Courtneysimssss Did you have a chance to test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (913 Views)

★ Pro

I had a mod that forced my Sims to change into everyday outfits when inside. They were getting hot or cold moodlets when they didn't seem appropriate. No deaths, tho. Just needed to change outfits.

Removing the mod fixed it. 

This might apply to other outfit mods as well. In the past a fireplace mod also effected hot/cold moodlets. 

Message 4 of 5 (898 Views)

Hero
@Courtneysimssss Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (859 Views)