Sims 4 counter bug, vanishing objects

by TheSims4Gaming

Original Post

Sims 4 counter bug, vanishing objects

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the game packs and expansion packs, except for StrangerVille. I have most of the stuff packs, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff, spooky stuff, tiny living, and a few others.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Well, it deals with counters, I tried raising a counter by one using the 9 key, and the moment I clicked away the counter disappeared. I was trying to place a regular counter near the center of the wall and have the half counter next to it, but when I grabbed the half counter for the catalog and tried placing it wouldn't place. When I did manage to place it the cabinet vanished.
What happens when the bug occurs? Placing counters down in certain areas and raising them. (I used to be able to raise the counter). I also can't place pillars next to short walls and when I place a short wall down some objects vanish.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the cabinet place down without a problem and to not disappear, even moveobjects doesn't help.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please ignore the background noise in the video. Thank you.

Message 1 of 14 (3,554 Views)

Re: Sims 4 counter bug, vanishing objects

Hero
@TheSims4Gaming Unfortunately, the video is really small

Please upload unlisted to youtube or use google or onedrive.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (3,534 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yeah I realized that when it uploaded finally. I'll try doing your suggestion so you can see the problem.
Message 3 of 14 (3,480 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's the link to a much bigger video lol. I hope you can see what the problem is. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ6bVSZlAkA&ab_channel=LanceGaming

Message 4 of 14 (3,476 Views)

Hero
@TheSims4Gaming Does it only vanish when you try to raise it or does that not have anything to do with it ? Just using moo makes it disappear ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (3,423 Views)

★★ Novice

It disappears when I raise the counter and when I try placing it in certain spots, the counter doesn't seem to disappear when it's on the terrain instead of the house. I've tried multiple different counters but all of them vanish and moo doesn't seem to make the vanishing stop. I played the sims 4 a week ago and didn't have this problem.

Message 6 of 14 (3,401 Views)

Hero
@TheSims4Gaming Did you add anything to your game since then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (3,383 Views)

★★ Novice

No I didn't, no more packs and I've never used any cc. It's just weird, I haven't played since the glitch. I'll go back on and see if it's still happening.

Message 8 of 14 (3,344 Views)

Hero
@TheSims4Gaming Have you tried repairing your game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (3,332 Views)

★★ Novice

How do I do that? Never done it before. Also the glitch won't let me place counters inside each other even with moo on, applies to some objects too.

Message 10 of 14 (3,277 Views)