Sims 4, Xbox One: Cannot use LB or RB controls

by Lexington1390

Original Post

Sims 4, Xbox One: Cannot use LB or RB controls

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP09
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Cats and Dogs, Island Living, Dine Out, Vampires, Seasons, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the Sims 4 via Xbox One and try to rotate an object in build mode or get your sim to travel; the LB and RB controls won't let me scroll left or right on my sim's phone but I can still fast forward everything.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't move left or right when it comes to furniture, phone activities, or picking a new aspiration.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to scroll left to right via sims phone or aspiration, and be able to rotate furniture.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can only move furniture if I pan the camera a certain way, but can't move it diagonally, nor scroll left to right on my sims' phones or change their aspirations.

Message 1 of 6 (2,320 Views)

Re: Sims 4, Xbox One: Cannot use LB or RB controls

★★★ Novice

Have you changed the clothing settings for a restaurant during gameplay?

Message 2 of 6 (2,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Lexington1390 Were you in the Gallery prior to the controls not working or were you editing clothing in the CAS for a restaurant?

Can you please check your game version number by pressing the bumpers and triggers simultaneously, then type in the word Version in the cheat box and press enter. Once in the list, scroll to the top of the numbers listed there to the word "Base." The numbers after "Base" are your game version.

Message 3 of 6 (2,252 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes it’s so frustrating 

Message 4 of 6 (2,210 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sesalie08 A few different threads for controls are currently open. Please check through these and post in the thread that matches your issue if you haven't already. "Editing restaurant/vet outfits breaks it UI/Controls" or "Gallery Menu Distortion" or "Can’t rotate sim in create a sim"

Message 5 of 6 (2,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me as well! However, there is a very quick and simple fix. If you downloaded a lot from the gallery and placed it down, this problem might have happened to you! So the easy fix is to just save your game, restart your Xbox, and just reboot your game! Simple! I hope I helped! Have a great day! Party hat

Message 6 of 6 (2,076 Views)