by KayshaMarie

Original Post

Sims 4 Won’t allow me to plant anything due to cold weather

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, cats and dogs, get to work, parenthood, vampires, dine out.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try planting something
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to plant something, plant option is grayed out, says too cold to plant
What do you expect to see? Plant option available
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Tried building a greenhouse including a thermometer, still same issue

Message 1 of 6 (826 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Won’t allow me to plant anything due to cold weather

★★★★★ Apprentice

This usualy happens in winter when the temperature is freezing, just wait until it warms up a bit an you shoul be able to plant again. The odd thing is the greenhouse though that should have worked that maybe a bug that needs to be looked into as I aggree freezing or no if its inside it should not matter so that needs to be looked into I belive...

Message 2 of 6 (805 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

You could also try using the weather machine to raise the temperature. (Dr. June's Weather Control Device)

Message 3 of 6 (790 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KayshaMarie Hm, this bug is supposed to be fixed so if it's not simply winter and cold in your game, could you try a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I figured out I can plant things if I drag them into the world first, but that plant option straight from inventory never works so seems a bit pointless to me, my game also went into spring by the time I figured this out so will have to see if it still works come winter again

Message 5 of 6 (761 Views)

Hero
@KayshaMarie For me it says I have to drag it into the world from inventory. I can't remember every planting something directly from inventory but I'm not the biggest gardener out there.

Maybe the message is just off in winter ? Will pay attention to that when winter comes along.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (752 Views)