Sims 4 University stuck at soccer game.. Sort of

by BreexGwendolyn

Original Post

Sims 4 University stuck at soccer game.. Sort of

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? My Wedding Stories, University, Dream Home Decorator, City Living, Cottage Living, Country Kitchen Kit, Paranormal Stuff, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Knitting, Strangerville, Tiny Living, Laundry, Parenthood, Fitness, Spa Day, Vampires, Toddler, Bowling, Backyard, possibly some of the other stuff packs, not sure whats installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose not to reenroll in university while at sports team event
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim Leaves sports team event but is stated as still at event. Can't make sim officially leave. Sim can no longer go to any other job
What do you expect to see? Sim not being stated as being at event when not at event, being able to go to other work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim is stuck playing at a university soccer game, sort of. She came home from the game but at the bottom of the screen where it shows your sims picture she's still said to be at the game. This caused her to not go to her new job. She left the game when I didn't enroll her in a new university term. I've since had her drop out but its still stuck. I'm going to try removing my mods temporarily, I'm pretty sure they need to be updated since the new pack anyways. I did just get the new Wedding pack not sure if that matters or not. I'm doing an unofficial legacy challenge so I really don't want to have to abandon this save file. Secondary issue, not sure if related or not, Some sims came over and one of them had a robot with them, the robot is stuck near the entrance of my house. It's broken, I think from a thunderstorm but it wont move and I can't interact with it. Super odd.

Message 1 of 6 (1,129 Views)

Re: Sims 4 University stuck at soccer game.. Sort of

★★★★★ Novice

I removed all my mods and CC temporarily and it changed nothing. Everytime I get really into a legacy or challenge my game breaks one way or another. It'd be great if the game would just work.

Message 2 of 6 (1,104 Views)

Hero
@BreexGwendolyn Do you have a backup from before she got stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,079 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No, I don't. I never think to make back up saves because honestly the game shouldn't be so broken that I have to.
Message 4 of 6 (1,045 Views)

★★★ Guide

@BreexGwendolyn wrote:
@crinrictNo, I don't. I never think to make back up saves because honestly the game shouldn't be so broken that I have to.

While I quite agree with you, keeping a backup of my Sims saved games has saved me from bigger frustrations than if I had not. It's an unfortunate truth in videogames: Save early; save often.

Message 5 of 6 (1,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BreexGwendolyn I take it, all the automatic backups are overwritten as well ?

Backups are always a good thing, especially if you're a mod user.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (992 Views)