Sims 4 (Playstation) Won't Save Bug

by HeyZeus894

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 won't save on Xbox and PlayStation

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
I genuinely regret even buying the deluxe edition lol. The save problems isn’t even the only game breaking issue they have. It’s just decided to break whenever it feels like it.

Honestly, my money would’ve been better spent elsewhere. These problems have since trial and today was official release with no Day 1 patch?? Mind you, I’ve had the game since Tuesday.
Message 191 of 393 (951 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. Ps4. I have lost almost 12 hours of total gameplay. I ordered early edition, all dlc and packs. I already regret my purchase. It's okay enough that the game it self is buggy and it takes a Sim three hours just to brew coffee, but to not even save my buggy process? The game can't even work at it's most basic function. It's pathetic and EA, this is YOUR FAULT, not ours. It''s not our system, we don't need to perform "reboots". EA FIX YOUR MESS. I WOULD LIKE TO SAVE A GAME EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE.

Message 192 of 393 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think the problem I've had with this was after a long playtime of SIms it starts to get buggy when I switch to build mode. It could be either long playtime or frequently switching to Build?

Message 193 of 393 (1,112 Views)

Sims 4 (Playstation) Won't Save Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Vampires and all packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to save the game. Happens more often if you travel to different places or go to an event.
What happens when the bug occurs? Go to Save Game, Save and Mange World or Save and Exit to Menu and you will verify that you want to save. And then nothing happens. If you did Save Game it will just be frozen on the Menu and the only way to unfreeze it is prompt the Control Detail menu. If you go to Save and Mange or Exit it will just kick you back to the menu. There is NO "ERROR" message or anything, it just does nothing.
What do you expect to see? I EXPECT that when you hit Save Game, that it Saves your Game. I want the game to do it's most basic function.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I know this issue is known in the forums but its so game breaking I need to post my own story...

I have purchased early edition with all DLC for over 130 CAD. I told myself before I started playing that there would be bugs and I would be happy to find them and report them to you guys. The PROBLEM is when you can't even get to that point. I have poured already 30+ hours into this game and have currently lost 12 hours total to the Save Game Bug. Yes, 12 hours. I have been keeping track. I am now forced to save the game every 5 minutes in fear of the Save Game Bug.

When I do go to save I find myself praying, crossing my fingers and sweating in hopes that the game will save. Do you see the issue here?? EA... your customers are being punished and treated poorly  for supporting you.

I wasn't even going to report this Save Game Bug until today. Wedding day. WOOHOO right? WRONG. Easily enough I wanted to go for the Gold Medal and get my tasty rewards. Well first of its a battle for time since it takes a SIM over an hour just to move out of the spot he/she currently is standing in. The main issue was the TAKE FIRST SLICE bug for the wedding cake. It is a whole other issue which I will have to report on another page. But I digress... I had to redo the Wedding 7 times until I finally got the gold medal due to the Take First Slice Bug. But HEY I finally got my gold medal. I asked her to move in and I travelled back to my house.

Once I got back to home to save.... Save Game Bug hit me. 8 attempts of a wedding for nothing. I overcome one BUG just to get to the worst BUG of all. These bugs are SO BAD that I was forced to elope and call it quits. 

Workarounds:

Fast travelling somewhere else does not create a new autosave. Once the bug sets in ALL SAVE FUNCTIONS CEASE TO WORK.

Yes I have turned off, unplugged my ps4 and reinstalled game.

I shouldn't have to do workarounds just to save my game...

EA LISTEN TO THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE FROM AN ANGRY CUSTOMER:

Your bugs are so game breaking that we can't even enjoy the game at it's most basic function. No events, no weddings and no travelling. 

I expect a patch soon to fix this because if there isn't you officially lost a customer to all future EA products. 

In closing... LET ME BE ABLE TO SAVE MY GAME

Message 194 of 393 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
Yeah because that happened to me it gets glitchy and i noticed it first with my phone not fully working and it acted as if i wasnt using it, then the build mode it would just skip over if im trying to select a specific category to build. And my games not saving same problem as everybody else. Plus its the disc version
Message 195 of 393 (1,058 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Just fix it EA. Really annoyed to have spent so much money for the deluxe edition and all the add ons to see my daughters hours of gameplay lost. Pathetic. Maybe a refund is available?
Message 196 of 393 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
There is a way to save. It's not a "hard save" it's just an autosave but it definitely works. Which is a lifesaver to keep your progress!!😄 Go back a couple pages in these replies & you'll see it.
Message 197 of 393 (1,040 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't save on xbox one

★★★★★ Newbie
Alec, have you tried saving once you've loaded the auto save game? I followed your advice about going to manage worlds and exiting that way. Just curious if you've been able to save once you return back into the game? Thanks
Message 198 of 393 (1,023 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Unfortunately the autosaves stops after a few hours as well
Message 199 of 393 (1,016 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't save on xbox one

★★★ Newbie
Just thought I’d add I bought this on Xbox 1 on all 5 saves it doesn’t actually save just the auto save to a certain point even if I keep resaving over and over I noticed after it does this because all the save points have the same time and date which is usually about 3 hours before happens everyday now and makes me feel like playing is pointless I’m pretty sure it stops Saving when I move house which means everytime I buy all new stuff for my house when thy move in together it’s all gone back to where thy used to live it just acts like it’s saving and then you have to click the stick in to get back on the save menu to go back because it’s not actually doing it but you can see that from the save times like I said, I don’t think it’s a space or cache problem because lots of people have the problem and I have a 5tb hard drive so no problem there, hurry up and fix it please if you test the games before they come out you should notice it doesn’t save
Message 200 of 393 (985 Views)