Re: Sims 4 Laundry pack

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Almost Every time (99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except my 1st pet, Journey to Batuu, and Vampires
Steps: Make a sim do laundry, as soon as the laundry goes into the washing machine it becomes clean and dry without having washed it and then "unload and set laundry down" it becomes dirty again. Instead of setting down, move the laundry to the dryer it says the laundry is dry but dirty.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim puts dirty laundry in washing machine, the laundry gets clean without washing, unload and set laundry down makes the laundry dirty as well as putting in the dryer makes the laundry dirty. Then I can do nothing with the laundry and have to delete it *EVERY TIME* upgrading appliances is pointless as they break.
What do you expect to see? Ability to wash dirty laundry, move it to dryer and dry damp / soaked laundry, set down or put away clean laundry. Also ability to upgrade appliances without them breaking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

World - All

Do you have Eco lifestyle - Yes

Off the grid - No

Message 151 of 388 (1,601 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same exact issue. I have tried selling and buying a new washer and dryer. It works once or twice and the same thing happens. It is frustrating to the point where I just want to delete the washer and dryer.

Message 152 of 388 (1,552 Views)

★★ Guide

@10326182 please fill out the form.
Thank you

Message 153 of 388 (1,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have also experienced trouble with Laundry Day. Before this bug specifically, I had trouble using the laundry and dryer machines and would have to go through multiple cycles to get clean, dry clothes. This bug however, is game ruining, and extremely irritating. 

I filled out the form to the best of my abilities and made an account just for this purpose. Hope everyone is well and that this issue gets resolved quickly. 

Product:
The sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 

Expansions: Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats&Dogs, City Living, Get To Work

Game Packs: Parenthood 

Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Backyard, Kids Room, Cool Kitchen. 
Steps: 

Have sim do laundry from the hamper to machine. Have sim transfer laundry from laundry machine to dryer. Have sim transfer laundry from dryer to floor. 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
Sim carries laundry as usual to laundry machine, but there is no option to wash clothes (even pilethat's labelled “filthy”). When hovering over “unload and put down” it says clothes are “pristine and dry”. When attempting to transfer to dryer there is no “dry laundry” option, and when put down the laundry is dirty again. 
What do you expect to see? 
The ability to wash used/dirty/filthy clothes in washing machine, then transfer to dryer after cycle is finished. After a cycle of drying is completed, to be able to “put away” clean and dry laundry. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Yes, several Custom Content items. No mods. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Not that I know of. Game updates automatically. I have not added new CC etc. Same household as I usually play and have not experienced trouble with previously. 
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.

Message 154 of 388 (1,512 Views)

Laundry!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Laundry day, parenthood, dine out, university eco lifestyle island living seasons city living get to work outdoor retreat.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When i put used laundry in the washing machine, it does not let me wash them despite definitely being used laundry. Also when i put washing that has been cleaned and put into the dryer it says it is used and not clean laundry! So try and do laundry a few time si suppose
What happens when the bug occurs? When i put used laundry in the washing machine, it does not let me wash them despite definitely being used laundry. Also when i put washing that has been cleaned and put into the dryer it says it is used and not clean laundry!
What do you expect to see? I expect to see dirty laundry be able to be wasjdd when used or dirty and recently cleaned laundry displaying as pristine or clean after i have cleaned them and able to be dried
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Pleas ehelp me fix this problem

Message 155 of 388 (1,497 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Current version, Sims 4 PC, English

Agreed and the same issue, same problem, same that it started AFTER I installed Snowy Escape.  

Playing a home in that world. With mods, without mods, still the same issue.

Which worlds are you trying ? Snowy Escape
- Do you have Eco ? yes, I have all but Star Wars
- Do you play off-grid ? Current house is not playing off grid, but problem happening with wash tub that they are showing pristine and clean, you hang them and they are dirty and dry. Inside washing machine won't allow to wash even though clothes are dirty, cannot dry either, all non-functioning and not allowing to wash or to dry.  Wrong labels on the clothes and they will change labels if you can get them into the wash or dry machine.  It's a mess.  Play time was about a week real time daily play before the machines broke down and stopped working.

Message 156 of 388 (1,460 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? It seems to be after playing for a while, but I have no idea exactly when it starts. The wash option is there, then suddenly, it isn't.
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Batuu and Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a sim changes out of clothing, and it goes into the basket, take the clothes from the basket to the washer. There is no option to wash. Move clothing to the dryer is available, but there is no dry option. The only way to get rid of the clothing is to put it all in one pile and sell it. Buying new ones means I have to re-upgrade them, and never seems to help, anyway.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim picks up laundry from the basket, and any on the floor, puts it in the washer, there is no option to wash. There are options to unload into the dryer or unload onto the floor. If you put the clothes in the dryer, there is no option to dry, only to unload to the floor. Therefore, the clothes are just in a pile and not considered clean to the game, even if they went into the dryer "pristine and dry."
What do you expect to see? An option to wash when you put used or dirty clothes into the washer, and a dry option when you put damp or wet clothes into the dryer, and then when removing dry and clean/pristine clothes, they are folded and there would be an option to put clothes away or set down.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? They've been disabled for a long time. This bug only started tonight.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I only noticed it happening tonight.

Message 157 of 388 (1,359 Views)

Sims 4 Laundry pack

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, Laundry, kitchen, get to work, spooky stuff, bowling, paranormal pack, seasons, theatre pack, kids stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know how you find it?
What happens when the bug occurs? Since last updtate, when trying to do laundry, everything is greyed out
What do you expect to see? to wash and dry laundry and put it away
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Since the last update, I cannot do laundry.  When trying to add to machine, everything is greyed out. Only thing I can do is search pockets.  I've tried selling the machines and rebuying them but get the same issue.

Message 158 of 388 (1,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Littleone501 When you hover over the greyed out option, what does it say ?

If you live in a haunted house it happen that you loose electricity from time to time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 159 of 388 (1,128 Views)

Hero
@Littleone501 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 160 of 388 (1,094 Views)