Sims 4 - Houses disappearing and replaced with weird pop-ups

by Zepher_James

Original Post

Sims 4 - Houses disappearing and replaced with weird pop-ups

★★★ Novice

I exited the game and took out mods tried it again the pop-ups never left. The titles of all the buildings are still there and it says that Sims are visiting said building but when you actually go to the lot it's completely gone like an empty lot. It's been a while since I've last played I think I last played before the recent update and this was not happening. I also took out all script mods and I've updated all of them to see if that was the issue. But the pop-ups remained in the buildings are still gone. I have the 6/14/2022 update and my game version is 1.89.214.103. 20220622_193828.jpg20220622_205536.jpg

Message 1 of 11 (570 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Houses disappearing and replaced with weird pop-ups

Hero
@Zepher_James Are you playing on a mac ?

Have you tried a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (537 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm playing on PC and I haven't tried a game repair I don't know how to do that.
Message 3 of 11 (516 Views)

Hero
@Zepher_James Right click on the game in Origin and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (504 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Is the game repair going to clear my gallery, the last time I did a refresh or something I can't remember what it was it cleared my gallery.
Message 5 of 11 (469 Views)

Hero
@Zepher_James No, game repair has nothing to do with the gallery. It's to repair faulty installations. Llama pictures often are.

If you want to be sure you don't loose any of your saves/library content, backup your user folder in documents first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (446 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict How do I backup my user folder.
Message 7 of 11 (429 Views)

Hero
@Zepher_James Find information on that here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/backups/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (421 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I've repaired the game in origin and the pop-ups are still there, I did notice that the pop-ups are only in one of my saved games.
Message 9 of 11 (409 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict After visiting each lot with a pop-up, the pop-ups left, and then I bulldozed the lots I'm wondering if I'll just have to re-build.
Message 10 of 11 (402 Views)