Sims 4 Get Together - Things/Relationships disappearing?

by SpinoJB

Original Post

Sims 4 Get Together - Things/Relationships disappearing?

★★★★ Novice

I just bought The Sims 4 Get Together expansion this weekend, and now things in my game keep disappearing, but not just objects, things like traits and relationships too. My sim became friends with 4 new sims on one day, and when I opened the game the next day, the game showed that 3 of them had never even met her. Also, my sims had joined clubs, and some of those have gone away, and they don't even remember my sims at all. It's not a save issue, because I save frequently, and many things that are still there happened after the things that have disappeared. How do I get these things back, or at least prevent them from disappearing?

Message 1 of 9 (1,550 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Get Together - Things/Relationships disappearing?

★★★★ Novice

Update: I just thought it could help to say that I also "accidentally" killed Geoffrey Landgrabb yesterday, and the Grim Reaper came and took his body, leaving an urn, but my sims couldn't plead because they hated Geoffrey too much. The only thing is that Geoffrey hasn't come back as a ghost, when he died of Anger, so shouldn't he be back as an Angry Ghost? Basically the whole world other than my sims (who killed him) have forgotten him. Could this be part of that same glitch?

Message 2 of 9 (1,534 Views)

Hero

What 'things' do you have disappearing ?

Relationship culling has a thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/child-sims-can-not-make-friends/m-p/3509749

Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,524 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I am using custom content for various outfits and hairstyles, but nothing other than that. I have been using custom content before the glitches started. The glitches started once I downloaded Get Together.

My sims' relationships will sometimes vanish. Their club memberships will also disappear sometimes, and if they don't, the relationships with all the club members do. Skills will sometimes disappear, and sometimes the skill bar will be stuck filled all the way, above their head, and not go away even when they move on to a new activity. Also, my sims will sometimes freeze, and then suddenly teleport in random places. They will also get stuck in walls, or the ground, especially at the public pool. And ghosts seem to have disappeared completely from my game as well.

None of these glitches had ever happened before I downloaded Get Together.

Message 4 of 9 (1,515 Views)

Hero

Sounds like relationship and Sims culling has hit your game.

Stuck logic bars is a known issue.

Not sure what's up with actual skills going missing. Have you tried repairing your game ?

Also how big is your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,510 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ok I realized that the skills missing was a mistake on my part, I thought that one sim had a certain skill but it was actually a different sim. The skill bars weren't for logic, I believe they were for dancing.

What do you mean by size of game? Size as in data, number of households, or something else?
Message 6 of 9 (1,500 Views)

Hero

As in data. If you check the save game in your document folder, what's the size ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,494 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Is it in the "saves" folder? I have 2 different saves, one says Slot_00000001.save, then it says versions 0-4 below it, and it does it a second time for Slot_00000002.save. Which file is it? They are both 6,803 KB.
Message 8 of 9 (1,487 Views)

Hero

That's an ok size.

So, to summarize, you have these issues

• Relationship culling
  • Sims Culling
  • Stuck skill bar
  • Clipping

Those are all known issues that have a thread on the compiled list. You might want to add your voice there

As for the freezes you are seeing, is that a specific action ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,479 Views)