Re: Sims 4 Fire bug

by MicMokum

Original Post

Sims 4 Fire bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Fire started next to fireproof fireplace in kitchen. Fire cannot be extinguished. No interactions are available because of the fire. No fireman/-women show up to help out. House has fire alarm and sprinklers. Fire has been burning (on the same spot) for so long, that my Sims are nearly bored to death and guests are peeing on the sidewalk. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa4xPHq-Xvs

Message 1 of 10 (8,891 Views)

Hero

Was anyone cooking when the fire broke out ? Doesn't look like a usual fire cause that would spread.

There's no fireman in the game so, 

Can you travel ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (8,853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No Sim was cooking. The fire didn't spread, it just floated in mid air near the fireproof fireplace. 
And no, my Sims couldn't travel, because there was a fire. 

Kinda stupid by the way that there is fire  in the game, but no firefighters. Thanks though for mentioning this. 

Message 3 of 10 (8,849 Views)

Hero

Sounds really weird. Did you play around with cheats Or did it just occur out of nowhere ?

I don't think there's much you can do about it other than closing the game without saving.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (8,846 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've used the money cheat (motherload) several times.

I've also used bb.MoveObjects and bb.ShowHiddenObjects in the past on different lots. I have not used these two cheats in the current session and I've not used them on the affected lot. 

I had no option but to end the game without saving, loosing three hours of game play before the fire started, plus another two hours trying to solve the problem. This however is not a solution (throwing my laptop out of the window would also make the problem disappear). 

AFTER the fire started and went on for over 24 in-game hours, I've enabled testingcheats, to keep my Sims alive (they were starving and dead tired). I've also tried ResetSim and tried to reset several "objects", including all my Sims, multiple NPC's and the fire itself. None of them did any good, but the fire did get smaller for a few seconds. 

Message 5 of 10 (8,841 Views)

Hero

I don't think there's a cheat to extinguish it so I don't have any other ideas how you could put it out, especially since you say sprinklers don't help either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (8,838 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you Crin for all your responses. I've done some googling into this problem and the only thing I could find somewhat related was that fireproof fireplaces start fires. Maybe someone can look into this issue. I did not find any other mentions of unextinguishable fires. 

I did also run into some complains that children cannot extinguish fires, when home alone. So it might be wise to add firefighters to the game. Or let fires extinguish themselves after 12 in-game hours. 

Anywho, I lost hours of game play. I would recommend to add an auto-save function to the game, that saves the game every 20 minutes or so. I will accept this as a "solution" to my (seemingly unique) problem. 

Message 7 of 10 (8,830 Views)

Hero

There is an autosave but it's a bit of a mystery. I think it only auto saves on traveling and other stuff but not if a certain time has elapsed.

Yeah, wished there was a better solution but it sounds like you got some kind of 'ghost' fire that is percepted as fire but not really one since it just came out of nowhere and can't be put out. I mean the sprinklers should put it out automatically.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (8,827 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The upgrade for fireplaces is fireguard.  I don't think the fireguard upgrade is supposed to make it so the fireplace can't start fires.  It's just supposed to be less likely.

It is strange, however, that the fire it started couldn't be extinguished.

Message 9 of 10 (8,816 Views)

Hero

I find it also strange that it doesn't spread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (8,810 Views)