by EverLastling

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Caterers/Mixologists don't work at event

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Starting a wedding event with leftovers in the fridge. Hire a catering services, mixologist, and a musician
What happens when the bug occurs? The chef will not prepare food. The mixologist will not mix drinks. I can't call people to meals or cut the wedding cake because the caterer didn't make one. This has happened numerous times
What do you expect to see? The caterer doing his/her job
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Summary:

Food caterer will not prepare food for some reason with leftovers in the fridge during wedding events. I don't know if it is only certain leftovers or all leftovers. The ones I had in there were from the grill. I've experienced this bug a plethora of times, as I am constantly making new households and marrying Sims. 

As far as the mixologist problem, I don't know what was causing it. I had a bar placed in the house. Maybe it was too close to a wall

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 21 (5,581 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Caters don't cook for wedding

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@thomasjk96Same. Had a very sad New Year's Eve party during which the caterer and mixologist partied and watched tv but did zero work. Waste of time and simoleons and very frustrating problem.

Edit: had working bar in home and also had leftovers in fridge.

Message 2 of 21 (5,515 Views)

Hired Caterer don't do his job during event

★★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start an event and hire a caterer.
What happens when the bug occurs? The caterer take plates or planks out of the fridge to start making something but he doesn't. he only puts them somewhere on the floor the table or the kitchencounter but does not finish the meals at all
What do you expect to see? that the caterer finish making the meal he wants to make before starting a new one
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. started with eco living

on the screenshot is a birthdayparty going on with a hired caterer

Message 3 of 21 (5,473 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Caterers don't cook at event

★★ Guide

I have this problem too. I just have my Sims make their own food and drinks, even though a caterer and mixologist are technically present at the party.

Message 4 of 21 (5,422 Views)

Hired caterers and mixologists socialize instead of work?

★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Host an event and hire a caterer
What happens when the bug occurs? The caterer and the mixologist act as if they're guests and socialize at social events and do not do the actions they are supposed to do.
What do you expect to see? The caterers and mixologists should not act as if they're guests and if this is a "feature" of "good" and "bad" hired workers then there needs to be a way for the party host to tell them to get back to work.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The caterer gets drinks from the bar (when the mixologists actually works) and chats with guests and does not cook the required food or cake for the party. It is making it nearly impossible to meet the extremely simple requirements of a birthday party (i.e., make a toast when no drinks can be ordered, or blow out the candles on the cake when the caterer has been there for HOURS and hasn't made a cake.)

Message 5 of 21 (5,386 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Caterers/Mixologists don't work at event

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 21 (5,327 Views)

Anyone else? Service sims not doing the services they were hired for...

★ Guide

I'm not sure if it's a bug and I'm too lazy right now to remove all my mods to check.....but every time I have a party which is a lot I like having parties the only one doing what they're supposed to be doing is the DJ. I find caterers and mixologists dancing and talking with guests. My guests are making their own food and a lot of it, and they usually quit half way through meaning I end up with a lot of interesting bowls and cutting boards everywhere. I've also noticed this is somehow worse during social events, I usually hire on the phone or through the objects and then set gather on my club but last night when I went through a social event for a costume party it was so much worse they only manned their stations for 1 hour worth of time and that was after forcing both of them to reset.

My maid won't clean up all the plates either, she leaves plates and glasses everywhere. Also uncooked meals. Is this just me or?

Message 7 of 21 (4,947 Views)

Re: Anyone else? Service sims not doing the services they were hired for...

★★ Guide

My problem is the caterer. I never hire them now because they are completely inadequate. And my Sim has a level 10 Cooking skill anyway. The maids are actually useful, at least in my game. They clean whatever needs to be cleaned. I've never tried DJ yet.

I think they really need some more fixes/improvements though, especially these caterers. 

Message 8 of 21 (4,929 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah they don't seem to be worth it compared to maxed out cooking sims with the exception of saving time....it would be nice if we could control what they make or even hire a caterer to make x dishes or x deserts or x breakfasts etc.

Message 9 of 21 (4,917 Views)

★ Apprentice

the only one who works for me is the caterer haha. Hope they fix this soon.

Message 10 of 21 (4,902 Views)