Re: Sim wont cook food

by SachikoCat

Original Post

Sim wont cook food

★ Novice

Hi

My sim is hungry but when i use the fridge to tell him to cook he will just take the item to the counter as if he is about to do it and just stands there and wont do it can anybody help ?

Message 1 of 13 (32,023 Views)

Hero

@jeezcheese Did you try rearranging stuff ? Is it just one SIm it's not working for ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (31,966 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm having a similar issue. My sims will cook any food that they can take from the fridge and put on the stove. However, any food that has to be placed on a counter to chop or something they can't cook it. They will set it on the counter, shake their head, wave an arm and a thought bubble appears with a red x and 2 shoe markings with a dashed line connecting them. This happens with all the people I have made.
I have tried moving the counters, deleting the cabinets above, and removing any clutter. Nothing changes no matter what I try.
Please help!
Message 3 of 13 (31,933 Views)

Hero

Do you have a smoke alarm ? Did you try replacing the counter with another model ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (31,931 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes I have the sprinkler system one. I did not try to change the counters but I do vary which ones I use with each family.
Message 5 of 13 (31,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sorry, I meant a smoke alarm above the counter that seems to block.

Does it also happen if you try a premade family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (31,917 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ohhh gotcha! No I do not.
I moved a premade sim into one of my houses and he has the same issue, but I haven't tried it with just a premade family. Do you want me to try that?
Message 7 of 13 (31,909 Views)

Hero

Yes, try any of the premade families in their house (Goth or Pancake or whatever)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (31,907 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok so I tried other premade sims and they weren't having the problem. I then tried my sims and they too were no longer having the problem. So I don't know what's going on haha it seems to have fixed itself-at least for now
Message 9 of 13 (31,893 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a similar issue. My legacy family is on it's 6th generation and this problem has just happened. But, it seems to be limited to cakes! My sim gets so far with making a cake then the bubble with the x and footprints appears. They have had the same counters for ages and I do not have a smoke alarm.

I did have a premade cake in the fridge so I took that out and clicked on add birthday candles. Again - my sim couldn't do it. Even more strangely, they could take a piece of it to eat! And one sim could clean it up but the other couldn't??

Message 10 of 13 (31,881 Views)