Re: Sim won't get into bunk bed to sleep

by StarryMight

Original Post

Sim won't get into bunk bed to sleep

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star wars, paranormal, designing house one, and the pet stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I press on the top bunk of the bunk bed and press sleep.
What happens when the bug occurs? a notification appears on top of the sim and says that they can't reach the bed when i try to get my sim to sleep on the top bunk of the bunk bed they won't but i get them to read under the covers, nap, and relax but they won't sleep in the bed
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to get in the bed and sleep
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim won't get into the bunk bed to sleep. They just keep saying they can't reach it. But if i tell them to nap, relax, or read under the covers the sim will do it no problem. But they refuse to sleep in the bed. 

Message 1 of 17 (3,683 Views)

Hero
@LOLZ5009 How high are your walls ? Have you tested without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (3,657 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@LOLZ5009 : Also, looking at your screenshot, how exactly is your house laid out there?
Message 3 of 17 (3,639 Views)

Hero
@LOLZ5009 Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (3,574 Views)

Sims won't sleep on top bunk bed/No Mods installed

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Asking the sim to sleep on the top bunk.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim won't sleep on top bunk bed no matter what.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to sleep on the top bunk without glitches.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the patch 1.76.81.1020 the issue started showing up. I was hoping the latest patch 1.77.131.1030 would fix it but it didn't, sadly.

Every time I ask my sim to sleep on the top bunk bed, he/she refuses. The bubble appears over the head like something is blocking the bed or the sim. However, that isn't the issue as I have tried placing the bunk bed out on the yard as well. The Sim will nap or relax on the top bed but not sleep. Even the way the sim climbs to the top bed looks glitched. I have no mods installed with my game, I also got rid of any bad CCs I had. Still, nothing seems to work. This has been happening ever since the 1.76.81.1020 update. Can someone please help? Frown

Message 5 of 17 (3,706 Views)

Re: Sims won't sleep on top bunk bed/No Mods installed

Hero
@SaeedaWahid Could you upload your video to youube or gogole/one drive ? It's too small if you upload it here.

Have you tested other lots ? Did the same bed work before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (3,668 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi! Yes they seemed to work before. I tried on other lots too with other families as well. I even started a new game but still it wouldn't work. I attached a drive link to the video below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cvXJFbT3i8cAs-Z9MHFO5ynBwcfoFxTm/view?usp=sharing
Message 7 of 17 (3,651 Views)

Hero

Hi @SaeedaWahid 

did a little test and it works fine for me.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (3,638 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict hi, I tried this and also began a fresh new game from scratch. It did not work Frown I removed everything from the document folder for that. It still did not fix it. I cleared all cache too.
Message 9 of 17 (3,634 Views)

Hero
@SaeedaWahid and it's all of the bunk beds, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (3,630 Views)