Re: Sim wears dirty clothes despite washing them in tub, even adding fragrance.

by stjmk

Original Post

Sim wears dirty clothes despite washing them in tub, even adding fragrance.

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, laundry day and more
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? do the laundry.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim wears dirty clothes despite washing them in tub, even adding fragrance. The clothes are also dried well using the clothesline. 
What do you expect to see? Sims wearing clean clothes when they washed the clothes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim wears dirty clothes despite washing them in tub, even adding fragrance. The clothes are also dried well using the clothesline. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,482 Views)

Hero
@bae281995 Do you mean he gets a moodlet to saying the clothing is dirty or are the visibly dirty like when the hygiene is low ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict Sim gets a dirty clothing moodlet.

Message 3 of 8 (2,432 Views)

Hero
@bae281995 could it be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-LDSP-Laundry-washed-outside-goes-from-Pristine-to/... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,411 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro
@bae281995 Did your sims get dressed after putting clean laundry away?
Message 5 of 8 (2,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes. If I remember it correctly, she took a shower after putting the laundry away. And then her clothes are dirty, despite having them washed and dried. 

Yes, it gets also marked as used when dried. The weird thing is that when they change into other clothes, it can be anything from dirty to clean or dry. 

[CM - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 6 of 8 (2,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@bae281995Have seen something similar when clothes in dryer aren't put away first before a sim changes clothes; so was curious.

It's as though sims change into clothes straight out of dryer, and the rest of the clothes there aren't "clean" anymore. (And, then, they've got a hamper with more "used/dirty" clothes to wash.)

Also noticed it with clothes in washer giving sims the "damp clothes" moodlet because they changed clothes while laundry was "in progress." Even though they've previously put away clean and dry laundry.

One other thing, in my game, the washtub only seems to be good for ~5 washes before it goes buggy and confused about the state of the laundry afterwards. So, I just replace it at that point (since it isn't that expensive) and everything seems to work fine again - well, for another 4 or 5 washes anyway.

Still love making my Sims do laundry, but have to admit the washtub/clothesline. W/D and hampers are finicky.

Message 7 of 8 (2,341 Views)

★★ Guide

I'll try replacing the washtub. If it's a bug, hope they fix it.

Message 8 of 8 (2,312 Views)