Re: Sim’s Career Not Progressing

by givememore86

Original Post

Sim’s Career Not Progressing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version 13.1.3
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Place sim in model career and progress a few levels. 2) Switch sim to Barista career for free, but don’t do any shifts. 3) Switch sim to Fashion Trend career (not free) and attempt to progress past level 1.
What do you expect to see? Sim progressing in career.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

I had a sim in the Modeling career who was a few levels into it (maybe to about level 4 or 5). I wanted her to switch to the Fashion Trend career, which is impossible because the two careers use the same station, so to do this I switched my sim to the Barista career for free. I didn’t start any shifts in the Barista career. Instead, I paid simoleons to immediately switch my sim to the Fashion career.

It took me awhile to notice, but my sim hasn’t progressed in her Fashion Trend career at all. She completed the initial first quick shift, and instead of going into the Chapter story which concludes every level, my sim is only given the option to do another quick shift. She’s simply not progressing. She’s on an endless cycle of level 1 quick shifts.

Would anyone be willing to replicate this to see if they experience the same progression issue? I can try to switch my sim to another career and back again. But my sim should be able to progress in her Fashion Trend career just fine. Not sure what the hiccup is here. 

Edit:

@SalixCat I just read your bug report. It’s similar in nature, but not identical. Both are related to switching careers (and the same careers). Are you able to progress in your storyline though?

Edit 2: 

I switched my sim from Fashion Trend to Modeling (where she was level 5 from when she left off) to Barista to Fashion Trend again. Same deal. My sim won’t progress past level one in the Fashion Trend career. 

Message 1 of 11 (2,849 Views)

Hero
@simmerdownMAL I'll try to replicate this.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 11 (2,820 Views)

★★★ Pro
@simmerdownMAL I went from DJ career to modelling career and I seem to be progressing. I don't know if that helps you.
Message 3 of 11 (2,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@simmerdownMALI noticed when I go to parties with my sim in the modeling career it uses the same thing for party points as the trending career does. Maybe that is the problem. I have yet to go to a party that I use a different item to get party points. It is always the dresser from trending career. Maybe that is the problem. I have bought the items for the modeling career for the home and I'm not sure if they are used for party points. If they're not used for party points, then why did I buying them.

Message 4 of 11 (2,797 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@givememore86 I believe the issue is because the modeling career and the fashion career share the same work station. Switching from DJ career to a modeling career wouldn't share the same station, but thanks for checking.

If you have a sim switch from modeling to fashion career and experience progression issues, please let me know Standard smile
Message 5 of 11 (2,795 Views)

★★★ Pro

Now I'm curious why they make you buy more stuff for the modeling career for your home when they are not utilized. I would have saved a few simoleons in a couple llama zooms by not purchasing them.

Message 6 of 11 (2,786 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@givememore86 You're discussing the party points and items related to the modeling career, which is also bugged and a report needs to be made, but is unrelated to this thread. Can we please stay on topic to career progression for the fashion trend career after switching from the modeling career?
Message 7 of 11 (2,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@simmerdownMAL @givememore86 

Let's focus on the career not progressing issue Standard smile This issue affects only the careers that belong to the Fashion work station (sewing machine) which are Modelling, Fashion and ASOS Fashion.

I am not finished with the test rounds as I need to wait for a couple of days until I can retire three of my Sims.

@givememore86 you are welcome to write a bug report about the party items if you have observed something that is not working as expected. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 8 of 11 (2,759 Views)

★★ Novice
@simmerdownMAL I’m having the same problem yet my steps are a bit different. I had a sim switched career from barista (lvl 3) to stylist. Later I had another sim as a barista and now I’m stuck. I can only work a quick shift.
Message 9 of 11 (1,890 Views)

Hero
@ilkimturkeri Hi, try to leave your sim idle and restart your app. Might have to do it several times. It should bring back the missing career shifts. if you have still issue with progressing the career, please create another bug report since this thread is quite old.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 11 (1,834 Views)