by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Sim restart progress after loading when writing a book

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons. Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, StrangerVille. Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim start writing a book of any genre. Stop writing when progress bar reaches an identifiable point, such as half way complete. Travel to a different lot, then return home, or exit to main menu, and reload save. Select to resume writing book, you'll find the progress bar resets to beginning or appearance of about a quarter of the way complete.
What happens when the bug occurs? A Sim's book writing progress resets back to the beginning, or very close to the beginning, no matter how much of the book you completed beforehand.
What do you expect to see? When I write a book that does not finish, and either exit the game, travel, or load in any way, when I resume writing, it begins at the progress that I left it at. If I wrote 50% of the book, it should resume writing at 50%.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug has been an issue since I bought the game in 2014. I've read that it's been reported and resolved, but it has never been fixed for me.

EDIT By Crinrict: Please use this current thread if you have issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Write-Song-Loses-Progress-After-Traveling-Exiting-Game/td-p/11...

Marking this as archived

Message 1 of 7 (2,511 Views)

Re: Sim restart progress after loading when writing a book

Hero
@TheGhostGalleon Would be great if you could retest this after today's patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,448 Views)

Book progress not saved when restarting the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Snowy Escape, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Write a book, progress a little, reload the save and see that the progress is lost and the sims starts from scratch every new load
What happens when the bug occurs? The Book Progress bar starts from zero everytime I reload the save
What do you expect to see? That the progress from writing a book is saved
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've been having this bug ever since I started playing the Sims4, on three different devices. I am always getting kinda stressed, because I ought to have finished the book before I close the save, and it is kinda frustrating. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,443 Views)

Re: Book progress not saved when restarting the game

Hero
@babsi17_8 Does this happen with every book or just emotional ones ? Do you not have the resume book option or does it not work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,418 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, so I think my message was not really clear.

I would start a book (any), let my sim write like half of the book, and then close the save. When i reopen the save and let my sim continue the book, the progress circle in the left corner is back to practically zero, like they have never written the text they have previously done. So writing a book while being a player who has more little play sessions, rather than one long, can be frustrating.

I hope this is clear now!

Update: I just noticed, that the bug occures not everytime, but rather frequently. I am sorry I put that wrong!

Message 5 of 7 (2,406 Views)

Hero
@babsi17_8 Just needed to make sure I merge your post with the correct thread.

merged now.

Still working fine for me. It does sometimes take a moment to catch up for me. Like it's only a bit but then it kinda fast forwards to the old point.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (2,379 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

As this bug report is now a bit older, it's been locked.

If you're still experieincing issues with this bug, please post in the current open bug report here instead. 

solaire.png

Message 7 of 7 (1,544 Views)